Discussion Starter #1
Current mods:
Barrel
Magazine attachment (looks)
Response Trigger
Stock
Cyclone Hopper
Carrying Rail

I need some advice on my next upgrades. I've tried a variety of barrels on my 2 Tippmann Custom 98s. Flatline, J&J, AA, and a couple cheap others. Nothing gives me as straight a shot as the one I'm currently using. So I'm definately NOT looking for a barrel upgrade.

I'm running on HPA.

My response trigger works awesome, but the last time I played, mid-day, the refs told me I couldn't use it, because it was firing full-auto. Is there an easy way to make the response trigger shoot slower?

I would like to get an E-bolt and remove the response trigger. Does the E-bolt have a single-shot mode to it? Or is semi-auto and 3 shot the lowest settings? I'd hate to have the refs give me more trouble at the place I play. Also, I'm having a hard time finding a place to purchase an E-bolt, but lots of places are selling the E-grip. I'm aware that the E-grip is for another Tippmann gun, the A-5 and model, and the E-bolt is made for the Custom 98 (which I have). But, someone who contacted Tippmann told me that an E-grip will work with a Custom 98 which has a serial # above 893000.
Is this true?

Also, another upgrade I want to get is a double trigger. I've read in other places that the brand doesn't make a difference. However, the JCS double trigger is marketed for use with E-gripped A5s. Will this trigger work better on my E-bolted, or if possible, E-gripped 98 Custom? Also, do the double triggers come with the housing for the trigger? The metal part that goes around it, cause I imagine the double trigger to be longer, and come further down than the stock.

I'm currently using a cyclone with my Custom 98. It's working pretty well so far. But as I said, I'm taking out the response trigger soon, and going to add an E-bolt or E-grip (if possible). Probably will keep it in semi-auto mode. But will the Halo B give me any advantage over the Cyclone? If so, I'll get it.. I don't mind putting as much money into my GODLY Tippmann as it takes. Thanks. Please give me some good advice.

PS. I don't want a remote line, drop forward, scope or laser.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
So does yours meet the serial number requirement for getting the E-grip? If so, I would get the E-grip for the 98. It's different than the A-5 kit.

If you find an E-bolt, which was discontinued a while ago, that stock will be coming off because the E-bolt ram attaches in the same place (replaces the end cap).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's the serial number? Also, from all I've read, I don't know if I should take this guy's word that the E-grip will work on my Custom 98. I'm hoping someone here can testify to it working, and if so.. tell me how it compares to an E-bolt on a Custom 98, if there's any difference.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I believe u can now get e-grips on 98 customs but I'm not positive. If you're going to get it I'd say get a double trigger, any will work. I'm pretty sure all of them come with housings but with a few you have to cut off a bit of the grip. Also, if you're going to get an e-grip and you think you can outshoot your cyclone (15bps i think?), then go get a halo B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts