Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
You have to completely disassemble the clip system guns. I've modded Recons, Longstrikes and Stampedes. Only way to effectively mod is to tear them down completely. Also, you'll need a pipe cutter to get all of the restrictor out. Just reaching in with needle nose and twisting isn't going to do the trick. Best bet for a spring is one out of an AR-15, yes the civilian M-16. But with the restrictor removed there's no air cushion. Never dry fire or you'll blow out the cylinder.

Sadly, clip system guns never really give you any better range when modded. The darts just suck and can't use Stephans (home made) darts in the clip. Best Nerf gun to mod: Night Finder. Strongest main spring of any Nerf gun. Pulled a spring out of a Night Finder and dropped it into a modded Element. Damn, is it hit hard. For a Nerf.

·
Registered
361 Posts
uh yeah. but that doesnt answer my question. how do i get the longstrike apart in the first place?
1st: Pull the end caps off of the cocking lever.
2nd: Remove all body screws
3rd: If parts are glued in. Cut the glue away with a sharp, thin blade. Or use an acetone to dissolve the glue. Though a strong acetone could melt the plastic.
4th: Pull the halves apart.
5th: Watch for flying springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts