Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to paintball. I played in Lakeland, FL for the 1st time last Saturday. I had so much fun that I placed a Marker on order yesterday.

I did some research and ended up getting a BT-4 Delta Elite. I still need to get a mask, C02 bottle, and other misc things. I plan on getting the APE Rampage Board as an upgrade to the BT- E grip it already comes with; because I like to use the 3-round burst option.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and seek out people in my area to play with.

PEACE-

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Welcome wave:

Yeah, thats pretty much where all of us started. Next thing you know you'll have owned 8 or so markers, and have about 2k sitting in your gear bag...

As far as the mask goes, I always recommend to new players to not skimp on the mask. Remember, you're going to be wearing it for a loooong time, and the last thing you want is it fogging up halfway through, because theres no getting it back. There is a BIG difference between "anti-fog" and "thermal". You want thermal. May I recommend the Ventz avatar (less expensive version of the empire e-ventz, I love mine) the JT flex7 or Proflex (My next mask), or the Dye I3 pro. All are very nice masks. Very light and wont fog up on you. Good luck and have fun thumup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice... I will get those then (Thermal).

Question: I found it hard to communicate with my other team mates... Even though I was shouting, no one could understand what I was saying. So, is there like a walky talky that people use?

PEACE-

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
I don't know of any specifically that you can buy for playing paintball but I'm sure there's earpieces you can use.
how big of an area are you playing on? if it's a regular field you can A) yell louder B) use shortened, hard to mix up terms for things you want to say.

you ever been in a stage production before? they'll ingrain in your head that enunciation is key. the same is true for communication while playing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did some research and ended up getting a BT-4 Delta Elite. I still need to get a mask, C02 bottle, and other misc things. I plan on getting the APE Rampage Board as an upgrade to the BT- E grip it already comes with; because I like to use the 3-round burst option.
Not to bump this up, but I have a question. I also just purchased a BT Delta Elite (and am new to the sport), and your comment about the APE Rampage Board makes me question what I knew about the E Grip. Can you please explain what exactly makes the APE upgrade better than the E Grip that comes with the Delta Elite? It was my understanding that the E Grip was a good upgrade that allowed you to execute a "3-round burst" if you chose to, along with a Full Auto and Semi auto modes?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
APE boards allow a few extra firing modes, some more customizable options, longer battery life, weather proofed board, tournament lock etc. It isn't a vital upgrade but depending on how long you plan on staying with your BT and how much money you want to put into it it could be a nice option to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts