Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched to a 14" J&J and only able to shoot 3 or 4 rounds before it starts breaking in barrel. Are there any suggestions, my 12" was shooting fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have test several times now and cleaned and tried to see if there is anything cutting or causing it and have seen nothing, somewhat at a lost, wanted to make sure it wasn't the paint but it shoots fine out of my other barrel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the paint I have right now that I was testing with is the crusade, but I normally use grafiti, after I was breaking I shot fine with my 12" though, shooting around 270

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ok first off, forget the 12" barrel, it has nothing to do with this and you are just confusing yourself by continually going back and saying that it works in the 12"

i think your paint may be the issue, put a ball in the J&J barrel and blow on the end of it, if you cant get it to come out the other end with just blowing on the barrel with your mouth whats happening is the paint is too large for your barrel (this is a "blow test")

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
have test several times now and cleaned and tried to see if there is anything cutting or causing it and have seen nothing, somewhat at a lost, wanted to make sure it wasn't the paint but it shoots fine out of my other barrel
lets back up even more than turbo is asking you to do.

Take off your hopper and feed it one ball at a time to see if it's still breaking paint.
did u just swap barrels? using same hopper and marker?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so here is a little of what's happened. So I went and bought a different box of .68. It is the same marker just did a barrel swap, no other changes. I tried a blow test but never really got that far because neither paint would go through either of my two barrels without a little work. I shot the crusades paint all weekend without a problem in my 12" barrel. Went ahead and screwed the j&j back onto my marker and fired about 50-75 rounds without any problems with the new paint, so then I decided to try the crusades again and shot another 50-75 rounds without a problem. I am lost, on whether temperature had anything to do with it or if maybe after cleaning the barrel 5 different times I may have gotten a bur out of it. Should .68 paint roll easily out of a .68 bore barrel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am new to paintball if you couldn't tell, I am just going on what's written on the paint and what the manufacture told me the barrel was. I am open to all knowledge and suggestions. I try and be knowledgeable with everything that I do. Thank you ahead of time for any info you guys can give

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya they will never give you a measurement out to a third decimal because it can change batch to batch.

just try some different paint, i think you are getting too confused with this whole thing and the most likely cause is the paint you are using

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I could have been looking to far into it. I did change paint and it shot fine that afternoon, but the funny thing is, I decided to try my other paint that was busting again and it shot fine without any problems as well that afternoon. As far as the blow test, that morning it was more like the jam my squeegee through to get the ball out test and that afternoon I was able to blow the ball right out. WEIRD, but I think there had to be a bur or something in there for it to not shoot at all and then 6 hours later shoot about 150-200 rounds perfect.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya its your paint thats the issue, temperature effects it so what your seeing is at one point in the day it was swelling a little and was too big for your barrel and at another point in your day it wasnt and was fine. there was no bur

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, but it is kind of backwards because the paint should have been smaller in the morning when it was 40 degrees, then when it was 65 in the afternoon. Just saying things don't really add up to me but happy it is firing and I don't have to go through the headache of returning or sending in to have the bore checked. Talked to J&J and they were pretty helpful and said to send it in if I had any problems what so ever. Thanks for all the info and help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also just bought a j&j barrel that seems to be pron to breaking balls. If I keep my e- trigger set to semi auto it seems to be fine but on 3 ball burst its a train wreck. Tried a bunch of paint. Does the ceramic coating swell or contract much?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts