Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother and i have just returned from our weekly, world class (we think) round of woodsball,and have combat tested my new barrel.we played something like 5 games,with fluctuating teams of 8 to 10 guys. i play with an A-5 with flatline,but have decided to try accuracy over distance,after seeing how happy my brother has been after switching from his flatline to a J&J ceramic he had lying around. i used a 14" CP one-piece i just scammed cheap from paintballoutlet,and couldn't be happier !! i'm recommending this to a couple freinds in the market for a new barrel,and one guy,after seeing it in action,said he's getting one this week.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought my son a used Spyder Shutter with a CP 14" 2 years ago, after using the CP barrel I was very impressed and im buying one for myself. The CP is a very good barrel and IMO is very underrated and better than most people think. Im happy with the CP.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
...... i've got an A-5 with a flatline...... i love it, but i might need to borrow my freinds CP barrel now to give it a try. Was it really better then the flatline???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes,we think it's better than the flatline,in certain situations.the flatline is great for distance,but as i pointed out in another thread,my brother and i both think that somehow,they "wear-out". we both have the impression that they don't have the distance that they did when they were new,and on their best day,they were never too terribly accurate.my brother recently sold his flatline to one of the youngsters at our weekly game,and i think i may (or may not !!) let mine go as well.(offers a-plenty for our old flat-lines). also,after seeing the accuracy of my and my brothers' new barrels,one of our veteran players also just shelved his apex and picked up a 14" empire twister,(as yet untested) and for ****s-and-giggles,since we have a line on the killer deal,my brother just asked me to grab him a 16" CP one piece for his A-5 as well.seems the trend 'round here is now away from flat-lines and apex's,and back to regular barrels.go figure....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts