Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Spyder Special Edition with an ESP Trig and I wanted to upgrade the barrel next. The stock is an 8 incher. I was thinking between the J&J Ceramic, or a System X Barrel or any of your suggestions...I don't want to spend a ton of money on a new barrel.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
go with a teardrop or progressive and you will be happy, they both shoot the same but the teardrop looks better, so its you choice if you want to spend the xtra ten bucks on looks

·
Registered
53 Posts
all lower end barrels are the same for proof go to my favorite website www.webdogradio.us and go to videos then season 2 and episode 3 for the proof .

·
Registered
55 Posts
most people go for appearance first. Personally ive used the J&J ceramic and teardrop both on my guns, and for looks teardrop wins, but performance the ceramic outmatched it. Self cleans,wide variety of paint works with it, fairly quiet, light and accurate.

teardrop looks good, fraction quieter than ceramic, little heavier, tuff coat so scratches wont show up as easy,bit more pickier on paint ,and when u break paint in it your screwed, and its hard as h3ll to clean paint outta the porting.

plus ceramic is cheaper!!! and doesnt lack for its price

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Tear drop here to. Either that or the proggressive. I hate J and J's. Dont ask me why. They are inconsistent. I would rather have the stock barrell. Sometimes it preforms well sometimes it suxs ass. My freind had one on his cocker and one day it was working beautiffly then the next it chopped every other ball. And yes it was the same batch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that would be paint breaks not chops, and ceramic self cleans which ive never broken a ball in one, or heard of anyone breaking paint in one unless it was cheap or old paint. I tested the self clean by breaking a ball then loading it in. And 2 shots it was clean.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
KingFikiElectra said:
bah the barrel suxs imo. For some it works well for some it suxs ass.

i agree. my friend has one on his TL-X and it is terrible imo. he won't admit it though. I use a progressive barrel. cheap, pretty nice looking (better than a JJ) and they are overall nice barrels for the price.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I think the teardrop has a diffrent bore that was patent by SP and it is one of there cheaper barrels thats has it. I could be mixing this up with the progressive tho. LoL. O well I think its right. Anyway I love my progressive. Ans I ordered a tear drop for my other sticky/thread currently.

·
06 Ego Owner
209 Posts
The top four common barrels under $50 that I hear of very often are the Smart Parts Progressive and Tear Drop, the J&J Ceramic, and the Custom Products 1 piece. All are good barrels and it all comes down to preference. ;)

I just got my Tear Drop barrel and put it on my System X. It's just too bad that when it threads all the way that the logos aren't displayed correctly and it ends up the Tear Drop logo is facing down while the Smart Parts logo is facing up. :(

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Denzil said:
The top four common barrels under $50 that I hear of very often are the Smart Parts Progressive and Tear Drop, the J&J Ceramic, and the Custom Products 1 piece. All are good barrels and it all comes down to preference. ;)

I just got my Tear Drop barrel and put it on my System X. It's just too bad that when it threads all the way that the logos aren't displayed correctly and it ends up the Tear Drop logo is facing down while the Smart Parts logo is facing up. :(

Yeah even if its spyder threads I still have that problem. The logo is all weird. LoL not a big deal but in a pic it looks funny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a 16 inch 32 degrees terminator barrel on my rodeo and is awesome

1 - 20 of 28 Posts