Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am new to the forums first of all so Hey to all those that care.

anyways, I drive a p.o.s. Toyota tercel and i graduate high school in 2 years, 17 right now so I have almost 2 years of driving experience *in ms u get ur Intermediate liscence and 15 and a half*.

Anyways, the car I'm thinking about getting is a BMW 750 IL E32, 5.4 liter v12, 299 hp and i wanna say like 450 lbs of torque.

I was wandering if anyone has any personal experience with these cars and could give me some good opinions. Insurance is affordable so that's not a concern.

http://myweb.students.wwu.edu/hafers/750 Web/ *click to see pix a the TYPE *not THE Car* i'm considering.
i figure in 2 years the Kelly Blue book value should drop and I should have enough saved to get it.

also, does anyone know places for bmw performance parts? :devil:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I wouldn't get it.

Well, I would only get it if it had low miles. Otherwise, you'll run into HIGH repair costs (my family has had 3 BMW's, so I know). Besides that, they are great cars. Very well designed.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
repairs on BMW's are just plain ol exspensive. and u can't bring them to any regular dealer b/c u need special chips and shti to reset the computers. even il changes are expsensive.

and w/ a V-12, expect a gas guzzler tax... or high gas bills

there are better cars out there bro.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i was kinda just wantin the v12 rep but if it isn't too high mileage i'll get it.

Other car I'm lookin at is a del sol, or a grand laredo if i decide to go for a suv.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i want the bimmer for sport/luxury feeling, or just get a del sol as a lil sports car, *not a ricer*, but i also will need something to tote stuff so a grand laredo seems like a good pic. Those are what i've been lookin at so far.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
meatwadttm said:
well i want the bimmer for sport/luxury feeling, or just get a del sol as a lil sports car, *not a ricer*, but i also will need something to tote stuff so a grand laredo seems like a good pic. Those are what i've been lookin at so far.

If a del slo (yes i said slo for a reason) is a sports car, than a chevy cavalier z24 is a friggin supercar...

Id go with the laredo...

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
crustybug said:
If a del slo (yes i said slo for a reason) is a sports car, than a chevy cavalier z24 is a friggin supercar...

Id go with the laredo...
Haha, no kidding. An old friend of mine used to have a z24 Cavalier and he though it was the ****. The perfect ricer...hood with a big scoop, big wing, huge fart can, and rims...although the rims were nice. But yea, he blew the tranny trying to race some other idiot in a Neon.

I would go with the Grand Laredo. It's not a death trap the a del sol, and it won't cost as much for repairs as the bimmer. Not to mention you will have more space for other people or something else you decide to carry around.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K, I'll save for the laredo if my gf doesn't cause me to go broke every damn paycheck. *Little tercel is gas efficient but between work, home, school and her house, church and the mall, it takes it's toll.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it costs 20-25 to fill it up when I get nervous, but my tank is small so after bout 200 miles i'm low...like a quarter...too small of a tank for me.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
crustybug said:
my dodge dakota gets 200 miles on one tank of gas (20 gallons) and its fun cuz the gauge doesnt work, so u just wait for the light to turn on...
So you are saying your Dakota gets 10mpg?? There is no way you are running it from full to empty and only getting 200 miles. My dads Dakota gets about 17-18mpg...my Ram gets 12-14.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
crustybug said:
then you explain to me why the light turns on at 200 miles from the last fill? im pretty sure that a sensor has to be out somwewhere, and thats why it sucks so bad, but i dunno...
That's wierd but I know that a Dakota can get more then 10mpg. I would definitaly get the sensors checked because even I can get more than 200 miles on a fill in my Ram and I also have a 20 gallon tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts