Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a gaming computer because frankly the current pc isnt cutting it.

Ive got reasonable prices on a nice new computer, but when it asks if i want windows Xp cd's with it and it costs an extra hundred $$$ i dont think its worth it...

Soo... is there a way to put XP on a computer with a formatted hard drive..? would it take a lot of effort? could a person who is somewhat computer savvy do it..?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
crustybug said:
lol, well, you need a windows XP disc to install it...yes, you could pirate it if u want......id just buy it and then you always have it if you need it
same if you pirate it... you should be a non-conformist and buy it lol

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
TonyD said:
hahahahaa

pirate windows 2000. that's what i did. i only use windows for games, though.
Never, ever update. Microsoft will rape you up the ass if you install their "validation" software when you update windows.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Flash LCD said:
Never, ever update. Microsoft will rape you up the ass if you install their "validation" software when you update windows.
That's only with XP. I've been using 2000 for a good while.

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have two computers already and two copies of windows XP. so is it just put the Cd in and go...? that would be... nice... thumup: :)

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Yeah, you can probably do that. But, if you install it too many times with a different hardware profile, MS disables the CD key.

But if you ever get to the point where the CD key doesn't work anymore, I'd just go with windows 2000.

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
goto a lan, or a place with your age nerds.

ask around, and some1 will have a pirate'd copy, of not real, of XP.

alot of people have em, just gotta ask around. My g-ma has a pirated version. lol, my Grandma is 1337!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts