512 meg pc133 RAM
sound blaster live!

running win98 & win XP proffesional

benchmark 2001: 4,510 without updated drivers and tweaking the settings

What cha think?

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Only think I would have changed up is the video card.

The Nvidia G Force 3 Ti actually outperforms the MX 440 in most all video applications!

I researched that before I bought my card... I bought a GForce 3 Ti 64mb. Was going to get the 440 Mx, but decided that 3 Ti is actually the better card.

Other than that that looks like a great setup.

Here is what I have:

1.6 Ghz P4
256 DDR Ram
Nvidia GForce 3 Ti
Some tiny little speakers... polk audio. =(
and my thunder clap of a modem... a USR 56k Perfomance Pro(Its the best 56k (hardware) I have seen but again it doesn't shake a stick at cable.) =(

Well I hope this computer will last me for the next 5 years. Btw, I got mine for a killer deal at $450 Last year.

I hardly use my P4 now. I am pretty much stopped with online gaming so now the biggest thing it does is graphic editing, mp3 downloading, and surfing the net. I guess all I need is a 500 Mhz to do what I am doing now. =)

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Btw Skuge....

With all the processing power.....

Maybe you should consider buying a T3 and hosting PaintballForum.com on your new server! :D :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Skurge420 said:
a 45O? your way behind! I had an 850 before my 1.5
lol....im still runnin 333mhz, 192mb ram, Pentium 2....18gig HD, 4 gig HD...woo!!!!!!

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Cobra said:

Some tiny little speakers... polk audio. =(
haha i may have an average computer in my room, but my sound system can easily rival that of a dj. I have two madison hand built 18" subwoofers in a 22 cubic foot box tuned to 25 htz (these play so loud at inaudible frequencies, that although you cant even here the bass (because its so low), when someone talks to you, it just looks like they are moving their lips and not speaking. Kinda weird huh) This cabinet totals 1600 watts. I also have two 10" madison hand builts running mid bass at 70-350 htz. These make stuff break :D ) On top of that i have some titanium tweeters doing the upper frequencies.

Sadly, most people never hear true bass. Most home theater systems can only go down to 40 htz, but even then, those low notes just dont come out loudly. My 18"s produce LOUD acurrate bass down to 10 htz, which is the magic frequency to make you want to puke. hehehe....

·
Registered
302 Posts
1600 watts??? my god, that is insane!!!

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
g-force 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would e totaly worthless o buy, but it would be cool to say u have one

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
my system total is 2000 watts (i may even get a stronger amp soon), i wasnt including all my stuff when i said 1600. At full volume, i can put out about 155 decibels. Just for the record, if you were to stand on the tarmac behind a commercial jet taking off, you would be hearing between 120-130 decibels. Ive turned it up full before, and gone down my road, and down a hill about 1/4 mile away, and i could still here the woofers pumping clearly :D

by the way, this is all in my room, which is about 12' by 16'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts