Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know who else has heard this but there will be a minimum of 22 new half hour episodes of family guy do out in 2005, jus though u might want to know cuz i knwo i cant wait

·
Registered
249 Posts
simpsons is way better than family guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
O yeah I watch it too on adult swim. It helps me stay up till Inyusha comes on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
FAmily guy has the simpsons beat.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
wgpisgod said:
FAmily guy has the simpsons beat.
Word. Who cares if the Simpsons have run on longer? Yes, they have a lot of funny episodes, but when every scene in Family Guy is hilarious, well then you know it's gotta be better. Season 4 is going to rock.

-Jin

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Having seen both.....
I would say they are about the same.

They both use the same type of jokes, and non linear plot lines, with irreverant humor.

Family Guy does jokes that the Simpsons might only hint about. Thats just a matter of the target audience.
And.. the simpsons IS tired. I always thought seasons 3-6 were the best (The conan years).

How can you tell that the writers of Family Guy are in there 30s? All the vague movie references from the 70s and 80s.

nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
O to the LD.

And the writers from the 1st & 2nd Season, to the 3rd Season was different. So, it really relies on what kind of humor you like best.

However, most of the jokes in Family Guy are based on classic movies, or timeless humor. They tend to avoid popular culture, that's what South Park is for.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Family guy is just funnier. Simpsons have to go all basic cable to keep it clean. Family Guy comes right out and says "Stewie, quit being a penis" thats why it is funnier. South Park has some way funny episodes. Some of them suck though.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
The OLD Simpsons episodes rocked! I watch the OLD ones every night on 38 the Spot. The new ones on FOX just blow cock... But I watch them anyways. Homer still brings the stupidity humor along which is cool and all, but then I take it all out on Peter.

I remember when Family Guy first came out, it was so cruel, my mom didn't let me watch it while my dad got to enjoy it. Now they don't care but only I watch it now.

Back then I didn't get the humor, but bloody hell, I sure do now!

All in all... Family Guy OOWNNERRZ The Simpsons...!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts