Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
its about time they get this thing back into production man...

sounds liek a sweet swet car though too cant wait to watch the car and driver episode with the test drive of one of these things! or better yet in my dreams even a real test drive!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
okay explain why I posted pix and what not about the GT a month or two ago, barley got a response...then medic made one...more response...now another one?!?! lol.

anyway, it is secks. they had a program on rides(discovery chan) about it a few months back. pure secks. i've forgotten what they said engine wise. i'm sure what u said is right now. i remember the 500-550 hp number.

·
Registered
967 Posts
yea i thought the gt500 was suposed to be over 500

i dont know if you guys have noticed but when ever i reading motortrend i always notice that the specification numbers are always a little off...

for example when they did an article on the new mustang gt they said it did 0-60 in 5.7 when just about every other source says it does it in 5 flat

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lbreevesii said:
okay explain why I posted pix and what not about the GT a month or two ago, barley got a response...then medic made one...more response...now another one?!?! lol.
Maybe because this is more than the Mustang GT. :smokin

ViP_ViPeR said:
yea i thought the gt500 was suposed to be over 500

i dont know if you guys have noticed but when ever i reading motortrend i always notice that the specification numbers are always a little off...

for example when they did an article on the new mustang gt they said it did 0-60 in 5.7 when just about every other source says it does it in 5 flat
They also said the 03 Cobra would run a Low 13. I've seen many a 12.

For the motor I hear it is suppose to have a detuned GT motor pushing 450hp and have a solid axle.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
First, If I remember correctly I posted about it well before both of you. :p

Anyway, I'm heading to the NY International Auto Show on Wed (press day), and I will be sure to check it out (especially being a Mustang Cobra owner myself). I really think this one will be a hit, especially if it does have the detuned GT motor (think 550+hp with exaust, pulley, and computer reflash which cost less then $1,000 to do). They had to double regular '05 mustang production to keep up with sales and I am sure this thing will sell more then the 5082 Cobras made in 2003 (My cars year).

Check this out too:
Shelby having fun

Btw David 4x4, I was going through our garage cleaning up and found a 1968 Cummins turbo diesel sitting under a tarp, I forgot my grandfather took it out of the Brockway to put a bigger Cummins in. Any idea on what the specs are to this thing? Maybe a price too? For some reason 260 rings a bell for hp, but the spec plate is blank. Just wondering if it is worth keeping around if I ever want to sell the Brockway (which I am guessing would be worth more with its original motor, though I don't know how much more valuable to a collector it could get being it is the only one like it left in the world).

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
What a beautiful car, that's it, I'm buying one. When I head to the show in 20 min, I'm asking the guy if I can buy the one there. :D

I love how they list the HP as "more then 450", awesome. :smokin

1 - 20 of 39 Posts