Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is looking to buy a new gun. he wants something sturdy, ready to go out of the box (probably not going to upgrade it), and shoots faster than lower end mechs.
he's also going to be mainly playing woodsball, and for recreation.
his current gun is a spyder victor with a new barrel and he's quite sick of it.

i recommended the tippmann a-5 with r/t.
is it cheaper to get the 98 w/rt? is that better?
let me know what you guys think

·
Dont Steal My Avvy
329 Posts
well if he wants fast shooting then id say 98c w/ RT over A-5 w/ RT b/c u can upgrade the hopper on a 98c and u cant on the A-5...plus 98 custom is cheaper

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he has 12 oz c02 tank, mask and VL200 hopper.

i have an extra 12V revvy that he can use if he really needs one.
the reason i was asking about a-5 rt vs 98 rt was mainly due to the hopper.
isnt the a-5 rt better since the hopper loads a ball per pull?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Then it isn't semi anymore, is it?

RT's are covered by a blanket rule against..well...RT's. RT isn't ramp. It's closest to full auto with the option to shoot semi. It's a tournament based rule, but a fair number of fields adopt it for themselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Torch said:
RT's are covered by a blanket rule against..well...RT's
I don't know about you guys, but the R/T comes with a plug screw to cap it off so that you can disable the R/T at the powertube. Also, I can't play at any regulated field with mine even with the R/T capped off, because for some reason, I can't get mine to chrono any lower than 320fps, no matter what I do, so I use a Spyder Rodeo for regulated field play.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Yea, they do come with the plug. It's not a hard thing to disable if you run into a problem. The thing is, you bought it for the easy speed...not so you could take it off and plug its holes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts