Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

New Gun wont fire!!!

782 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  txaggie08 
#1 ·
I just got a new spyder vs1 and an electric hopper to go with it. I got my co2 tank filled (20 oz) and attached it, turned on the gun and the hopper, tried to pull the top cocking knob back but nothing latched. Then nothing shot out of the gun. Any suggestions anyone? please help!!! Im new to the game and want to get playing!!!!

#4 ·
I think the bolt pin may not be in the striker. How hard was it to pull back(did it feel like it was just there, or did it have some spring tension.)?

#5 ·
hmmm, I guess if you had the striker in first, and than put in the bolt, that might do it...

and guess who's visiting the A&M campus this saturday!!! >.<

#7 ·
pull out the field stripping pin. be very careful to keep a hand on the back part of teh marker as it may fly off pretty fast, makin it easy to loose pieces. Now pull evrything out, taking careful not of how they all came out because they all need to go back in teh same order. wha yu'll find is a spring, a rubber washer(very thick) a bolt and a striker. Take note that the bolt pin connects the bolt and the striker. This is what I'm pretty sure is not attached. put it all back in the way it came out and when you put the bolt pin back in, make sure it goes bac into the hole on the striker.

#8 ·
I thought that in spyders there was a knob type thing in the bottom of the bolt that attaches the two together? You can see it in the pics below, the bottom one, the top one is the cocking pin:

#10 ·
when i got my vs2, i couldnt pull back the bolt for some odd reason. I pulled the pin out, slid the bolt out just to look at it, and then put it back in, and i could pull it back. It was strange, but maybe the pin was in the wrong hole (ha)

try taking the bolt out and properly putting it back in

#11 ·
^^ probably was actually.

Azn, damn is this today or next saturday? Wish I had known sooner, I'd have stopped and said howdy.

#12 ·
yesterday, just got back from no internet, since I was competing at a Drill Team Western Regionals Championships :)

too bad I couldn't meet you :(

There's more than one hole on the VS series striker? Thats interesting...
Make sure the part with the flat side is facing down while you're at it.

#14 ·
No there's only one hole, you just gotta make sure you dont catch the front or miss it behind...

Azn- cool. This is ROTC drill right? Did y'all get to watch FDT?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.