Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i hate starting new topics but i couldent find the answer i was looking for i have a ion 1-2 years old had it since it was new ne ways my old board took a dump on me about 6months ago i bought a load of internal ups virtue board and aNew Designz Ion Internal Upgrade Kit i put it all in dident even power/air it up then had to move packed it away untill 3 days ago i pulled it out dusted it off and put a brand new batterie in it got my tank filled went to air it up yesterday and it was leaking like no other and the bolt was stuck foward. im not exactly useless when it comes to paintball guns so i pulled it all apart and checked all orings hoses and fresh lube put it all back together and aired it up and its still leaking so i pulled it partially apart to try and trace the leak and it stopped but the bolt was still all the way forward i started to put it all back together and it starts leaking again i think one of my hoses is to long and when i put it back on the frame it compresses it and creats a leak but im not sure hence while im here so any help on that will be awsome. but i also have another question do the virtue boards get hot normaly when i plug in a baterie it turns on and acts fine be it and the batterie gets hot also im worried its gonna burn up so any help on these problems will be awsome

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem as you with the air leak, but as far as the battery heating up you may have it plugged into the wrong spot on the board. I did this by accident and noticed that I plugged it into the pulse input, so I would check that.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
sounds broke, the board that is. if there was some way to plug a 9v battery in backwards...id like to see that.

as far as leaks go.....make sure youa re using the correct lube (shocker lube or dow 33) and cake that **** on there. remove barrle and fire repeatedly into a towel or something similar to blow off all extra lube. If its not that, then check all your banjo fittings and where the microlines connaect to the board (especially check the barbs for damage). You may also have to replace the microlines, as they tend to wear quickly or by sitting for long periods. it also couldnt hurt to replace your o rings if the leaking doesnt stop...sometimes its hard to tell if they are messed up or not.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
get a rebuild kit and replace all the rings,replace the micro line, those will be your two cheapist fixes, after that it may be a banjo fitting, and worst case is the board. if the board turns on just fine id reset it to factory settings just to be sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts