Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i play with a halo v35 with rip drive and virtue kit but i think i might want to upgrade heres my choices
Dye rotor
Pinokio
Empire prophecy z2
Which one is best the size matters but not that important remember my main marker is a dye

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
gosh your asking a hornets nest question there, pretty much everyone on here has a different take on that question so really....its up to you

if you click on the link in my sig and scroll down to the hopper section there is a short write up on each with pros and cons

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Rotor:
Great battery life, simple to use and to clean. Some people take issue with the capacity. Many people (but not all) have issues with small paint and jams. EXPENSIVE.

Pinokio:
Great capacity. Simple to use. Not so simple to clean if you need to do the feed tray inside. Basically jam proof. Decent battery life.

Z2:
Fast, great tray design makes it NEARLY as jam free as a Pinokio. Much smaller capacity than the Prophecy v1/v2. If you put Prophecy v2 280 shells on it though (like mine), it'll hold over 300 due to the smaller size of the internals. Easier to clean internally than the v1/v2, but nowhere near as simple as the Rotor. EXPENSIVE.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the pinokio but i am not a back player at all i move alot so i am not really leaning torwards it i was leaning torwards the prophecy
How is the v1 v2 and z2 different other than the shell

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
for what its worth i have never had the rotor jam on me and i have used some very small paints (last time out i did not have a freak insert quite small enough and i have the full kit)

between v1 and z2 on the proph, they took out the magnetic clutch but nobody knows what they replaced it with. other than that and the shell i dont know that anything changed.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Everything. The entire drive tray has been redesigned and is much smaller. Putting stock 230 v1 shells on the Z2 will hold 250-260.

It also turns MUCH slower yet feeds just as fast, so it must have a larger diameter feed.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
for what its worth i have never had the rotor jam on me and i have used some very small paints (last time out i did not have a freak insert quite small enough and i have the full kit)

between v1 and z2 on the proph, they took out the magnetic clutch but nobody knows what they replaced it with. other than that and the shell i dont know that anything changed.
They didn't really replace it with anything. Getting rid of the clutch allowed them to lower the entire tray thus saving room and being able to make the shells that much smaller while keeping the capacity just above that of the Rotor (not a fan of the stock capacity...they REALLY need to release the Z2 high capacity front). Because the tray is larger, and can spin slower, it puts less torque on the paintballs. Also, each ball sets in it's own little "pocket" on the wheel, also helping to reduce the possibility of a jam. So in all likelihood, there's no longer a need for the magnetic clutch. I haven't used it enough to say for sure since I haven't played since I got my v2 shells for it. And when I used it with the stock shells I literally used it for 2 games, threw it in my car, and put the Prophecy V1 on my marker.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I love it. Good capacity, fast, withe the anti-jam on there I've never had a jam. Large enough that I can put a speed feed on without worrying about not being able to hold an entire locklid. However, they are more complicated to take apart/put together.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
the prophecy takes quite a wile to figure out how to re-assemble. i always felt like I was going to break mine
Ugh, the first couple times, I sooooooo did too. Now it's no big deal, I can tear it apart and put it back together without issue. But yeah, the first few times, it is horrible.

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
Fast, great tray design makes it NEARLY as jam free as a Pinokio. Much smaller capacity than the Prophecy v1/v2. If you put Prophecy v2 280 shells on it though (like mine), it'll hold over 300 due to the smaller size of the internals. Easier to clean internally than the v1/v2, but nowhere near as simple as the Rotor. EXPENSIVE.
speaking of which, how hard is the shell change? if difficult at all?

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
I've had a few problems with jams over the two years that I've had my rotor, but as far as capacity goes, if you have a problem, get the high cap lid...
then get shot in the hicap. it changes your profile more than you know it. i repeatedly shoot a buddy of mine in his hicap

1 - 20 of 39 Posts