Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a Syder MR1 military kit,just wondering any tips to make it more accurate and over all better marker.I was reading that the j&j barrel is good choice and maybe wanted to upgrade the hopper.What is the advantage of a longer barrel,and just wondering if can install a small gauge to check the pressure going threw the marker.Thanks let me know what i can do to it to improve it.:)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
J&J barrels are a great choice because they are cheap and are good quality. I use one over my CP barrel kit when given the opportunity.

Longer barrels maker your marker longer and that's about it; past 8 inches there's nothing that they do besides quiet the shot sound if there's lots of porting. I'd not go over 16 inches, and even that is excessive.

On a spyder, the air pressure is not necessary to know; either you have enough pressure in the tank to shoot it, or you don't. You'll know when you're out of air when your marker wont' re-cock and starts to rapidly fire when you pull the trigger.

Pick up a viewloader eyeforce or invert too for a hopper. They're fairly cheap and will give you everything that you need.

I'd hold off on any other upgrades because I don't feel they're worth the money. you can however, polish the parts inside o f it to pursue a smoother, more effecient marker operation; i think the stickies inthe spyder section have something in there about that.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
J&J barrels are a great choice because they are cheap and are good quality. I use one over my CP barrel kit when given the opportunity.

Longer barrels maker your marker longer and that's about it; past 8 inches there's nothing that they do besides quiet the shot sound if there's lots of porting. I'd not go over 16 inches, and even that is excessive.

On a spyder, the air pressure is not necessary to know; either you have enough pressure in the tank to shoot it, or you don't. You'll know when you're out of air when your marker wont' re-cock and starts to rapidly fire when you pull the trigger.

Pick up a viewloader eyeforce or invert too for a hopper. They're fairly cheap and will give you everything that you need.

I'd hold off on any other upgrades because I don't feel they're worth the money. you can however, polish the parts inside o f it to pursue a smoother, more effecient marker operation; i think the stickies inthe spyder section have something in there about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts