so i just got a new laptop.

17 inch Truelife LCD
2ghz duo core intel processor
1gb Ram
256 mb NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
120 gb hard drive
8x Cd/DVD +/- R/RW burner

wireless, bluetooth, etc.

what do you guys think? I needed a new laptop b/c there was a fire in my room that burnt everything....literally everything. So i decided to go with a dell XPS laptop. dont say anything about desktops, because those were not an option.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i would say return to castle wolfstein as a game even though its free, but its a complete game. maybe battlefield 2 something. i think your new laptop can pretty much run those games.

Edit its actually wolfstein enemy territory thats the free game. its a pretty cool WWII FPS.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
that's a sweet machine, only gripe is that the XPS isn't too light. That processor is suspossed to give good battery life though.

CS:S, BF2 can't go wrong. I haven't been keeping very up to date on games.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Got your self a pretty decent machine on your hands.

If your into FPS with RPG elements, i would recommend Space Cowboy It's free to down load and play. But if you want to you can purchase premium items. The only down side is that there is no offline play. Link is in the sig. ( I tend to play when ever i got some spare time)

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Mortisdeum said:
Got your self a pretty decent machine on your hands.

If your into FPS with RPG elements, i would recommend Space Cowboy It's free to down load and play. But if you want to you can purchase premium items. The only down side is that there is no offline play. Link is in the sig. ( I tend to play when ever i got some spare time)
I saw something about the game on G4, but stayed away because I thought it required payment. Hell, if it's free I'll give it a shot. dhill, get it quick so we can be nooblets together.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
L1nUx_r0ot said:
I saw something about the game on G4, but stayed away because I thought it required payment. Hell, if it's free I'll give it a shot. dhill, get it quick so we can be nooblets together.
You can buy optional items that give an added bonus. As for which side i play for I joined ANI on Joymas servers. hope to see ya both in game (player name is Mortis)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I'm not a big fan of XPS's because there are laptops out there that run the same configuration for half the price. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an amazing laptop.

You can't beat call of duty 2 when it comes to testing a computer out.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NYY said:
I'm not a big fan of XPS's because there are laptops out there that run the same configuration for half the price. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an amazing laptop.

You can't beat call of duty 2 when it comes to testing a computer out.
im curious as to where youd find a computer laptop with these specs for $1300...which is half of what this laptop was not counting the $400 warranty.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Maybe I exaggerated on half the price, but you're still paying a good chunk of change for the name.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
true, but the dell warranty is really worth a lot of money. if you get the completecare warranty then that expensive laptop i just bought can be replaced as many times, for as many reasons as i have for the next 4 years, free of future charge even for shipping.

so i htink buying a very expensive, very advanced laptop now will save me from buying a new laptop anytime in at least the next 4 years....where as i know many people whose laptops last about 18 months to 2 years, some longer, yes, but thats about the average ive seen. so in the end youll be spending about the same as i did, except over time

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
NYY said:
And not been able to play those games that he listed? :?

....boot camp FTW

1 - 20 of 22 Posts