Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/14/la-2007-2009-lincoln-mks-brings-new-look-to-american-luxury/

I like it, a lot, especially in dark colors with the chrome trim package. However, I would wait for the AWD 400hp turbo V6 version coming out soon after. If they can keep that one at around $50,000 loaded I think they'll have a real hit on their hands. I would even think about getting one as a replacement for my Envoy if it gets significantly better fuel economy.

All in all, it's the first Lincoln I would consider buying in a long time (but only with the turbo engine ;) ).

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking the 400+ hp turbo version would make an awesome sleeper. It weighs 4200lbs, but 400+ hp with AWD should be enough for it to see mid to low 13 quarter mile times stock. If you can play with the turbos, like an STi or Evo, 500+hp and low 12 second times, on street tires, shouldn't be far off.....without sacrificing luxury or interior room. Sure, it wont handle like an STi, but at least being a luxo-cruiser it has an excuse for a soft suspension and pig heavy weight.

Reminds me of the Lincoln Mark IV sitting in my garage. Looks and sounds like a big slow car, yet jumps like a raped ape with the 460 big block under the hood.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts