Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Mini limited edition (blue) with a halo too hopper for 250 shipped. Good deal? Both brand new in boxes. I can't wait I'm excited. Ive heard lots of great things. Can't wait to take it out on Saturday. Hoping it arrives friday.

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive been trying to find out if its a gen 2. if not im selling it. How can i figure out if its a gen 2 without opening the box?

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok well what do i look for? Ive been trying to look online to find out differences but cant really find anything. tehy all have the same body style and such

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The easiest thing to look for is the gauge. v1's had a 600 psi gauge on the reg, v2 went to 300 psi. Also the purge on the reg v1 had a single large hole, the v2 has 4 smaller holes. Several other differences, but those are the 2 easiest to spot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually you can tell the difference versions just by the box alone!

First Gen Mini's came in this case

As far as I know the next Mini's came in these black boxes which are basically glorified cardboard

The 2009 Mini's came in this white box which is the same as the other black one.

If you don't want to take it out of the box generally I would say this is the best way to tell which generation it is, you will not get a generation 1 in a cardboard box or vice versa. I wish they still had the hard plastic cases cause I think they were way nicer than the newer cardboard boxes but the markers inside are much better.

Hope it helped you out!

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea you did. Wish the hard case too. Much nicer. But its a limited edition. Doesn't look like either of those boxes. But I know its an 09 cuz its the one they have up on their site right now. Thanks

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea you did. Wish the hard case too. Much nicer. But its a limited edition. Doesn't look like either of those boxes. But I know its an 09 cuz its the one they have up on their site right now. Thanks

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
if its a 09 its a gen 2 poppet version 4 (best combo)

gen 2 minis have a pressure guage that only goes to 300 psi, gen 1s had a guage that goes to 600, the purge nut on the bottom of the reg on the gen 1s has 1 large hole, on gen 2s has 4 small ones, thats it from the outside

·
Beerpong
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea im definatley going to double check. Sorry bout the repost my phone was acting funny. But you guys helped out a lot. Thanksa again guys.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
if its a 09 its a gen 2 poppet version 4 (best combo)

gen 2 minis have a pressure guage that only goes to 300 psi, gen 1s had a guage that goes to 600, the purge nut on the bottom of the reg on the gen 1s has 1 large hole, on gen 2s has 4 small ones, thats it from the outside
almost like what tlmiller posted in the 6th post of this thread.... is reading really that hard?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts