Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. This place seems a bit more relaxed than the other forum. :smokin

Got my Mini in last week and I finally aired her up yesterday for the first time. Out of the box the Mini ran perfectly with no adjustments. I shot a jar of the Wally World Visible Impact paint in my friend's backyard. Again, no problems encountered. I drained the rest of my tank (DXS 68/45) using the break-in settings that were recommended for grins.
My bolt spring was pretty easy to compress afterwards with two fingers..and I did it with my weak hand. I think she is good to go. I'm obviously a rec player. I'll give my true opinion of it next week when I will actually use it in a game.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Make sure you bring batteries. If anything weird starts going on at the field but new batteries in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed.. I plan on putting a fresh 9v in regardless. No telling how long the "OEM" 9V has been sitting in the marker from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Bring spares with you also. I had all of a fill leak from my marker with a dead battery after one shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of total boredom I went out and had the tank filled again to near capacity and ripped through another jar of Visible Impact. No breaks or any malfunctions.

The stock barrel could be a bit better though. No worries.. I have a J&J Ceramic coming in any time soon.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah they are small, and heavy FOR THEIR SIZE, notice I said FOR THEIR SIZE. as small as they are they could have done more to lighten it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As always YMMV. I find the Mini perfect for me. I've handled a few markers and I like the overall presentation of the Mini. With everything loaded up it's still not bad weight wise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As long as you follow the break in suggestions (which it sounds like you have) youll be fine. Great gun only had one problem with mine and that was due to aftermarket parts. I would suggest an on/off adapter for your tank though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about an on/off adapter but found that I didn't need it. I didn't have a problem unscrewing my full DXS 68/45 tank. I tried it several times and it came off without crazy effort. Just to make sure I wasn't fooling myself I screwed it on and fired off a few rounds and unscrewed it. It wasn't difficult at all like some made it.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
it saves o-rings to get one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heh. Nastiest color offered. thumup: Very nice. I wondered how a carbon fiber barrel would look. I have a J&J Ceramic coming in. I'm thinking about getting a Stiffi for it now.

Quick question, how's the DW barrel?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
DON'T GET A FERLIPPIN STIFFI, the DW is by far superior on every account: it's lighter, you can run a battel swab through it, more accurate, lighter? and yeah stiffi blows.

·
Registered
35 Posts
DON'T GET A FERLIPPIN STIFFI, the DW is by far superior on every account: it's lighter, you can run a battel swab through it, more accurate, lighter? and yeah stiffi blows.
Yeah what he said I frickin love it. Don't tell my neighbor but I like my DW better than his Stiffi (<---I am talking about marker barrels there).

Oh and to your Nastiest color made comment blah on that. I think it is the sexiest one they make.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
he said he was kidding right above the marker, and he has an olive one, that would be contradicting. imo olive is a sexy color.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
the orange rising sun ones were sexy, and I hate stiffi's IMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts