Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i finally bought my girlfriends brothers a5 , it came with a flatline barrel and rt, well between yesterday and today ive put over 1000 rounds of old ass paint(i mean months old and some of it was from last winter) well i chopped a few balls of the super old paint , it was brass eagle sumthing , its the orange paint , but those were the onyl balls i choped , i put big balls , super swirls some unkown green balls and some of those orange ones, the flatline seems to shoot pretty darn goodand ive got the rt tuned so it doesnt have any bounce, but why is the inside of the flatline not polished ? its kind of feels like real fine grain sandpaper , also is there a way to get rid of those ugly screws on the flatline ? they take away from the good looks of the round shroud, this is going to be my main marker but i dont wanna spend much money on it , so what would be a good cheap upgrade ? mind you i am keeping the flatline and rt , also im thinking about getting one of those 30 rd tac caps, those are pretty cool and im going to get a 68/45 tank ventually to make it run better , are there any mods i can do to make it more consistant ? like spring kits ? hpa tanks ? bolts ? power tubes ? im not going to get a lpr kit or anything liek that , thanks guys for the help :D :tup thumup:

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You can add a regulator for more consistancy. The Stabilizer is regarded as one of the best for CO2, followed by the Torpedo and some others. All regs work well with HPA though, including the two I mentioned for CO2.

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i no why its made n stuff , i just dont liek the scres sticking out of the shroud , im not a noob lol, i tuned it so it doesnt boun ce so i can use it for speel ball and stuff

·
Registered
306 Posts
the purpose of the rt is to bounce... so that you can just hold the trigger and the pin will bounce back and forth and will go auto....

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i know what the rt is for , but i wanna be able to use it when i go to play at fields n stuff not just woodsball, for woodsball yea ill tune it so it bounces but when i go to a field i dotn wanna get kicked out , wich is kinda queer anyways since a bouncing rt tippy will only shoot like 15 bps max when almost all electros shoot over that

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whywouldi enter a tourny with a flatline ? it kicks azz, its dead on accurae ,even atl ike 43499343927 feet :yum

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
didnt you just get a brand new mag the last time i was talking to you? please dont tell me you traded your mag for this, if you did you got uber ripped off :ninja:

a flatline wouldnt be that bad in a tourney if it was available for something other than tippmanns. and i know there is an autococker flatline but i would never put one of those ugly things on my cocker... but since it is only available aesthetically for tippmanns, you would be playing a tourney with a big, slow, heavy beast. i know there are some sweet custom tippy's that arent that big, slow, and heavy, but most are unless you want to spend $1000 and have alot of time and equipment, or sweet hookups. and for $1000 most people would rather have a more popular angel, shocker, or matrix.

also, the A5 flatline is not curved, it only has a rough upper edge. the 98c flatline is curved but it smooth on the inside.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
no, i havent, but i have seen a few flatlined tippmann A5s and the barrel looks like it ends at the same point that the barrel threads are. but of course i could be wrong. i thought the rough upper surface compensated for a lack of curvyness wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts