Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Axe or Axe Pro? Infinity, Graffitti, or Redemption?

• Empire Axe ($500)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Empire Axe Pro ($750)

• Valken Infinity ($45)

• Valken Graffitti ($55)

• Valken Redemption ($65)

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Shot my new Empire Axe this past Saturday and coming from an Azodin Blitz n WOW, blown away. Need help w/calibration, upgrades, barrels, n paint. I also have: Dye Rotor Hopper (speedfeed soon), 68ci Carbon Fiber tank

Questions:
- Is shorter feed neck worth $ for only .75'' lower profile?
- Mindful of cost per Paintball outting; Valken Infinity, Graffitti, or Redemption?
- Barrel insert kit?
- Barrel? Stock is pretty darn good so far..
- Board setting?
- Is Axe Pro differences worth $250 more? (LED board w/joystick n upgraded frame)
- Sell my last gun, Azodin Blitz, or keep as back up gun?

In the end, I gotta be mindful n see if $$ spent is worth the upgrade. Does xyz upgrade/tweak make THAT much of a difference... Some PB friends get all these upgrades and etc.. others say nah, stick w/what i got.

Paintballs really saved me from alot of things n help me take my mind off an insane amount of bad crap going on in my life. Thnx in advance for any advice.
J

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
Questions:
- Is shorter feed neck worth $ for only .75'' lower profile? - IMO, no
- Mindful of cost per Paintball outting; Valken Infinity, Graffitti, or Redemption? - what's the purpose? if you're just going recballing, infinity or grafitti. tournament, redemption pro hands down
- Barrel insert kit?freak or j&j edge. unless you got the axe with a superfreak kit, in which case, just use that
- Barrel? Stock is pretty darn good so far.. depends which insert kit you go with
- Board setting?stock
- Is Axe Pro differences worth $250 more? (LED board w/joystick n upgraded frame)only if you're tinkering. but the more you tinker the more likely you are to break something
- Sell my last gun, Azodin Blitz, or keep as back up gun? keep as a loaner if you have buddies who don't play AND you are regular on your maintenance, otherwise sell

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
I wouldnt even consider selling your blitz unless it is for another marker. Keep it as a backup/loaner. if anything ever happens to the axe while at the field its going to suck not having a backup to keep playing with

dont get the pro, there is nothing the stock board cant do that you need. run semi, shoot people, have fun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BAM! Thank you both! Simple, to the point, honest and unbiased answers..
I think ill stay at Infinity or maybe step up to Graffiti if i need to, stay with the reg Axe and not go to the Pro version.

Im def doing rec ball. No tournaments.. Im eat sleeping n drinking PB now. Its just really become a passion of mine and helping me in alot of ways.

And that def settles what to do with the Azodin. Ill keep as a back up for me AND a loaner to a buddy or two (i got a few that wanna come out. And have a back up tank, thermal mask, and hopper.) Great points! Thanks all. Mucho appreciated.

I got my first nice mask the other week, Virtue VIO Extend Chromatic Thermal , and it made A TON of difference! Also scooped JT FX 2.0 Paintball Jersey and Exalt Thrasher Pants V3.. love them both. I was in doubt about the jersey/pants but they actually do make a huge difference (and lovingggg the soft cup integration haha).
Cheers all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts