Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Teamless
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately, my uncle has been bragging that he is making a new item for paintball. I finally got him to tell me what it is.... He made this laser thing that you can put on the end of the barrel and when you dryfire your gun it sends signals to this target. If you hit the targer it lights up. He thinks it will really help with the aspects of shooting. I will be going to his house this weekend to test out the prototype with my proto. He wants it to be out by Christmas.

Discuss wether you think this is a good idea or not. The only flaws is that the paintball drops because of gravity and a laser does not, and dryfiring can wear parts in guns if you do it a ton.

Here is his site. It has pics www.predatorgames.com The factory it is made in is my grandpa's building.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
lol @ "im going to his house this weekend to test his PROTOTYPE with my PROTO" idk it could help, but the best way to get better is to actually play....

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
This wont work. Paintballs start to drop at a certain distance at a certain velocity...a laser will not have the same affect.

It's an ok idea...but reballs are better. They immitate actual paintballs.

Plus...paintballs dont hit the same spot over and over like a laser will. Paintballs dont have the accuracy to hit the same spot multiple times in a row. This laser cannon immitate paint to barrel match either.

reballs>*

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
eh its an ok idea i mean it would be good for practing snap shooting in your house and if the thing that catches it counts your ballls per second it will be good

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
ur basicly making laser tag. thats exactly what the miltiarty uses. i forget the name of the system. but they fire a blak. and it sends out a laser. ur friend isn;t inventing crap. he's just waisting $$

·
Teamless
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really dont agree with my uncle much either, but I might get one for free to test. I'll try to get pics. This weekend though I'm at a tourney so I might not be able to go test it with my uncle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmm might be fun to play around with but as for practically improving your game im nto sure...

As others said a paintball is not nearly as accurate as a laser...

also is this just like a laser pointer or is he planning on making a sensetive target that would recognize the signal? if the later i know that that type of device is often inacurate (not sure in this case)

Lastly ya know you can go for it... someone would buy it... like i siad if nothing else it might be fun to play around with... if nothing else give your uncle a pat on the back for reaching out there and tryin somethin new we need mroe people like that :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts