Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was home over the weekend I put a new shifter in my car. Hurst chrome model with a polished aluminum T-handle. The throw is a little longer, but the shifts are tighter with a more solid feel. I love it, very easy to install too. Plus it looks like a muscle car shifter should. :tup

The only bad thing though is it snowed the second day I was home so I only got to drive it for a few minutes. :(

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
nice man, i got a similar handle in my jeep, but it's the plain aluminum version.. i love it, especially when i just keep my hand there, it gives me something to hold on to

·
Registered
363 Posts
auto maggot said:
that's because you have no knowledge of automobile history. Hurst is a part of american muscle car heritage. anyway doom, looking clean man. :tup

Couldn't have said it better

Looks nice T handles are always a great addition to the interior of any car...........or truck

well with a floor shifter would look weird on a column...........

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is silver with chrome accents and the seats are silver suede, so it does match. It just looks kinda funny in the picture because everything behind it is black plastic, the lighting is off too and you can't see the black "HURST" written on top. I'll get a better pic of the car and shifter when I go home and it's a nice day out. I'm getting tired of the two pictures I have of the car when I first brought it home.

Anyway, The shifter originally came with the white signature hurst ball, but I prefer T-handles (I bought a black hurst ball too when I want the low key look). I've found T's shift the fastest because of the way they are weighted and the secure grip. I also feel they are the most comfortable to drive with, great to rest your hand on. I've actually got one on the Blazer I plow with also.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Idk Dooms. Hurst it awesome and everything, I wanted to get the V-matic 2 for my Camaro, but I dont think they make one for my tranny. But I dont know if the old school look of the T-Handle goes with your newer 'Stang (I think, either way, new car). I think I would have gone with a hurst ball for that application. Still awesome, but I wouldn't have gone with the T-handle

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HuNtS said:
i took a couple pics of mine.. it should be pretty close to the same other than maybe a little shape difference...
Yup, that's it. I think that one is brushed aluminum though, the one I have in the Cobra is polished. (the one I have in the Blazer is brushed)

Master of Paint said:
I think I would have gone with a hurst ball for that application.

I have the the balls for the top too in both black and white that I can always switch, but like I said, the T-handle is function over looks.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
haha i actually like it. most people go for the ball, so that it looks more "cool" but i like the look of yours, and you say it functions better, and you like it more. nice stuff

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
HuNtS said:
nope.. from what i heard from the previous owner it was rebuilt sometime around 232k, so roughly about 20,000 miles ago
Yeah my Jeep is running at 194,5xx and its still driving the same like I got it 3000 miles ago. Runs so smooth.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love the pistol I had a 78 F150 high boy, we took the engine out of a thunderbird, a 427 cobra jet and backed it up against a 460 4 speed tranny, The T handle made a great add on, ass far as a stang with a manual it will always go with the look, besides anyone seing it will no there is something to be recond with......... Autos have a T handle fore a reason you can always get a hold on it, looks great and functions great that is the reason for it............

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
yeah.... and it needs to last me probably a LONG time yet... hopefully all through college (knock on wood) so i figure i might as well play around with it a little bit while i have it.. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts