Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

"New" player, returning. Paint question

454 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  "Turtle" 
#1 ·
I'm returning to the sport after something like a 17 year hiatus. When I played before I was using a Splatmaster Crapide and going broke on paint and air. Life has been good to me, and I'm back. I've picked up an Ion and so far I can't believe the changes. The only similarities are the use of a barrel, and a paintball. It's good to be alive in the world today.

At any rate, without testing out 50 different paints, I'm looking for some "sure things" to try. What is too cheap, what is retarded expensive, what works well and what has issues? If there is a sticky for this already, bonk me, and please point me at it, as I've missed it.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
First off, don't buy wal-mart paint. It all sits in a warehouse for about a year and just refuses to break on anything but in your barrel. Xball is some good stuff, along with any evil paint, procaps just all around makes really good paint. If your doing this recreational I highly suggest you look into Stinger, cheap and good quality paint.

#3 ·
Walmart is the devil anyway, and I avoid them at all costs. I had figured on trying to locate paint locally, first, and via the internet second as I'm a firm believer in supporting the little guy and keeping my money in town. The only reason I ask is every shop seems to carry something different, and is pushing what they sell. I guess it just boils down to breaking some paint on folks, and seeing what works. Thanks for the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.