Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Ratzinger has been running the day to day opeartions of the vatican for some time now. He is an ultra conservative man who is anti-women, anti-gay, anti-american. So this should be fun -- don't be surprised to see an "American" Catholic Church succeed from the "Roman" catholic church.

Ratzinger's motto to his own parishoners back in the day was "Pray, Pay, and Obey." I am sure that will fly really well with the more progressive American Catholics.

I wonder if the Anglicans are taking any novitiates at this time....

Oh well..

Viva La Papa!

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Well he wasn't my first chioce out of the candidates... I would love to see women taking a more active role in the catholic church... oh well... we'll see how this goes.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
i wanted that nigerian guy to be it, but oh well. im not very catholic anymore anyways.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Ratzinger has been running the day to day opeartions of the vatican for some time now. He is an ultra conservative man who is anti-women, anti-gay, anti-american. So this should be fun -- don't be surprised to see an "American" Catholic Church succeed from the "Roman" catholic church.
he isnt anti-gay. Catholics are anti-gay MARRIAGE.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
dhill0413 said:
he isnt anti-gay. Catholics are anti-gay MARRIAGE.

That is basically the same thing. Whats the difference if they are married or not? If you dont want them to get married, you probably dont want them to be together anyway. So in my opinion if your ANTI-gay marrage, then your anti-gay.

And yes, i am anti-gay.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
toXic said:
That is basically the same thing. Whats the difference if they are married or not? If you dont want them to get married, you probably dont want them to be together anyway. So in my opinion if your ANTI-gay marrage, then your anti-gay.

And yes, i am anti-gay.
So if I'm against a construction worker working as a doctor does that mean I'm anti construction worker? No, it doesn't. It just means I don't think a person that isn't qualified to do something should do it. It's the same thing with people against gay marriage. Marriage started out as a religious joining of a man and a woman, having a man and a man or woman and woman get 'married' is an attack on the religion. It's no different than a person going into a muslimi mosque naked and swearing or a guy dressed up as hitler going into a synagogue.

There should be civil union, not just for gay people but for anyone who doesn't want to be 'married'. I don't see the problem, if they want to set themselves apart from religion then why not just get a civil union?

Either way being anti-gay marriage doesn't mean you are necessarily anti-gay.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Well while i am anti-gay marriage, im not fully anti-civil union. Though i dont support gay culture or anything, im a realist and civil unions are something that wouldnt be terribly bad for the economy or anything.

When it comes to marriage that is a sacred bond that results in creating familes.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
dhill0413 said:
Well while i am anti-gay marriage, im not fully anti-civil union. Though i dont support gay culture or anything, im a realist and civil unions are something that wouldnt be terribly bad for the economy or anything.

When it comes to marriage that is a sacred bond that results in creating familes.
Why shouldn't Gays be allowed to married? They're not looking for special treatment, they're just looking to be included in the status quo.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
The purpose of a marriage is to have to individuals join together and be "allowed" by God to start a family.

When you think about it, nothing comes out of a same-sex relationship except for one thing: death. They cannot procreate, so therefore their purpose of starting a family isn't really valid. Yes, they can adopt kids, but those aren't their children.

Even if you don't want to bring religion into the argument, then you have to think about it from the nature standpoint- if evolution and the laws of nature truly are the bottom line, then nature didn't intend for same-sex couples to procreate either. So regardless of how you look at it, neither God or nature sees the point of giving the priveledge of procreating to them.

IMO marriage is ordained of God, and by telling me that same-sex couples can have the same priveledge makes me feel like my marriage (or rather, marriage-to-be) has less value because apparently you can marry anyone an have it be "ordained of God". What's next, marrying an animal? Jeez..

·
Registered
158 Posts
check his pic today on Yahoo. he looks like a weasel just waiting to resurrect the German reich under Catholic fundage. how ironic.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Well this old guy prolly wont last very long and since the next guy in line after him is supposed to be Peter of Rome (yeah the guy thats supposed to be in power when the fall of Catholocism occurs) according to St Malachy's List, I guess after that they will be anti-in charge.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So if marriage is a religious thing, does that mean atheists who get married, their marriage should not be recognized by the Gov't either?

I say who gives a ****, if two gays want to get married, if a guy wants to marry four women whatever, as long as everyone is of legal age to consent, I think its none of your concern what they do. I think people worry too much what goes on in other peoples bedrooms. Can't see it from my porch.

As to0 the Pope someone on the radio said he was in the SS during WWII, does anyone know if that is true? Could be seen as a huge step backwards to non-Catholics.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
he was in the hitler youth group just like every other boy under 16 in germany during the second world war
that doesnt make him a nazi

·
Registered
770 Posts
dhill0413 said:
And it's a very economically viable thing. I think we should allow gay marrige simply because it's wrong to not lett hem get the same tax breaks as straight people. I see nothing "immoral" with that

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

smitty got it right.

BTW, religion should not dictate marriage in a country that has freedom of religion...Also, lets think back to the core of christianity and jesus, and how he said this "Treat others how thou wants to be treated" or something to that statement. I suggest all christians give up marriage who are apposed to others getting married.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts