Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Boss, your setup is very similar to the one I had envisioned for myself, very nice piece of work there. How many different grip frames can be modded to fit the Rainmaker?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
But what about the battery?
I've never seen a good solution yet. Blackrain did a special battery-backblock, and also a battery-frontblock, but both were only prototypes.

Its also possible to put the 9v in the grip with a morlock, but I currently just have an ugly rat-shack battery-pack bolted to my drop.

NIck

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HP_lovecraft said:
But what about the battery?
I've never seen a good solution yet. Blackrain did a special battery-backblock, and also a battery-frontblock, but both were only prototypes.

Its also possible to put the 9v in the grip with a morlock, but I currently just have an ugly rat-shack battery-pack bolted to my drop.

NIck
Yea, i always have hated that, and that still is my number 1 thing i don't like about this new RM. In the past i run the gun off of the batteries in the hopper, i have done it with revies and eggs succesfully, failed with a HALO.

I thought it was Rainman who did those battery prototype holder things and i know the battery backblock was for aluminum gerbil. Anyways so far the best solution has been a morlock board. But that is why i made my own simple circuit board that should fit in the grip w/ a 9v battery. Im not going to install it until after the IAO though, i have my gun working now, im not going to mess with it.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Blackrain? Rainman? You expect me to keep track of these things!! ;)

I don't mind using a rat-shack battery box, but the only one big enough for the 9V is HUGE. Its big enough for 2, so I have a backup in there. (With a selector switch in case the battery dies in a game).

I've been putting off getting a backblock... I might hold out for the one like Aluminiun Gerbils Rainmaker. It seems like the ideal solution

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts