Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
yeah i was reading about the evoX in a bunch of import mags, it looks like a beast but lets see how it performs...I've never seen the next gen subie though, i'm mildly impressed but i woudln't be surprised to see the STi come to us as a hatch.

but i do have a feeling that with the entrance of the GT-R coming to america, sales will decrease dramatically of the Evo's and STi's. Even as it sits in Japan import tuners and ricers are having wet dreams because of it.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what to think of the GT-R. A Cosworth TT V6, Lotus suspension, and AWD sounds great. However, it doesn't seems to be head over heals above anything out there as far as what I'm hearing. I mean, at best it sounds like a Corvette Z06 with AWD. If they really want to blow everyone away in the US making it another 100hp is all it would have taken. 550hp with AWD for less than $100,000.....they would make a killing. It would steal sales from Chevy, Dodge, and even Lamborghini. Hell, even I would even consider buying one. Though, I will have to wait until the production version is out to really see how good or bad it is.

I wonder what it will weigh as well. If it has a lot in common with the 350Z's chassis it will be a pretty heavy car. It will need a lot of carbon fiber to keep that weight down.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No1TubaPlayer said:
that evo is ugly as sin. its like a fart can put on the wrong end. :(
I bet it's about as aerodynamic as a smooth brick with that huge mouth. :)

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
doomsday said:
I bet it's about as aerodynamic as a smooth brick with that huge mouth. :)

Just like the new mustangs are aerodynamic.

And like the new chargers.

I think it looks alright.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
toXic said:
Just like the new mustangs are aerodynamic.

And like the new chargers.

I think it looks alright.
Much more aerodynamic than that thing

Mustang GT Coefficient of Drag: 0.34

Dodge Charger Cd: 0.33
(http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom/0,,0-5-470118-1-480953-1-0-0-0-0-0-36-479389-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html)

WRX Cd: 0.33

Current Evo Cd: 0.36

Yup, the numbers don't lie, the current Evo is more of a brick than the WRX, Charger, and Mustang. I can't see that that thing being much better.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jinjiro said:
'90-'96 Nissan 300ZX: 0.32 thumup:

-Jin
1959 Lotus Elite .28

2006 C6 Corvette .28

All the technological advances Lotus has made over the years it's a shame they don't get more praise.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
doomsday said:
1959 Lotus Elite .28

2006 C6 Corvette .28

All the technological advances Lotus has made over the years it's a shame they don't get more praise.
Bah...Always one upped by Dooms. But I love Lotus and I love the Corvette, so it's not too bad.

-Jin

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
STI Evolves
STI to expand across Subaru range. Will Evolution follow?

By BOB GRITZINGER

AutoWeek | Published 11/07/06, 7:07 am et

Our SEMA show coverage details the hardware on Subaru’s Forester Sports 2.5 XT concept, but here’s the extra bit of info: This might be a concept today, but before long you can expect this car and a Legacy, both wearing STI badges and fitted with all the hot STI hardware, in Subaru showrooms alongside the fan-favorite Impreza WRX STI.

Subaru rolled out the Forester Turbo first, and with the SEMA concept equipped with STI parts, the Japanese automaker is obviously testing whether the market can support a Forester STI.

“We are discussing it internally,” confirmed Tomohiro I****obi, Subaru vice president of product planning, in an interview at SEMA. “We feel the market is ready.”

As for the Legacy, Subaru already offers a limited-edition STI-tuned model for a substantial premium in Japan (more on that in a future issue) and could easily upgrade that program to full Legacy STI production.

“Everybody tells us about how they want it [a Legacy STI],” said I****obi. “It is on our wish list.”

Meanwhile, Mitsubishi tips its performance hand by showing the super-tuned Evolander at SEMA. “It’s Evo meets Outlander,” said a company spokesman of the special concept ute. While the company says the vehicle would likely come to market as a Ralliart model, and that we shouldn’t view Evolander as a possible expansion of the Evo brand, one can only wonder which brand carries more weight in the U.S. market. Put another way, if a lowly Lancer can evolve, why not an Eclipse or a Galant or an Outlander?

Legacy STi? That sounds pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts