Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered a bunch of new computer parts, pretty excited for them to come in the mail on tuesday.
Antec 900.
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail
Enermax Liberty 620Watt
Newegg.com - ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT 620W Power Supply - Retail
evga 7950gt
Newegg.com - eVGA GeForce 7950GT 256-P2-N636-AR HDCP Video Card - Retail
Seagate barracuda 320gig hdd
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
And a gig of corsair valueselect ram.

Running it with an oc'ed 2.8ghz p4.

I'm excited.

Quite a step up from my 9800pro, 512mb of ram, 2.66ghz p4, all inside a flimsy beige $7 fry's case.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a fun build. Let me know how you like the 900. I'm in a market for a new case. I want something solid.
It's a great case, but like all cases, has it's minor drawbacks. First, depending on the power supply, you'll have to mount it upside down. And my friend broke one of the fins on the 200mm fan, and taking that out to glue it back on was kind of a pain, and it isn't the easiest case to hide your wires. But it's incredibly cool and works great.Not the best case if you want a really really quiet case, but if thats what you want, get a p180. And I have all the fans running on low (200mm exhaust, and 3 120mm intake)and it's extremely cool. Overall I give it 5/5.

Ps. I'd defiantely go with a modular powersupply if you can, it's so much nicer only putting in the cables you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts