Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I tried to read through the forums before posting, but I don't know enough yet.

Just picked up a new older Tippmann 98 that has never been shot. What is a good overall barrel for speedball and woods? This is for my son and I to use and we are both NOOBIES!

Thanks,

Shaun

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
depends on the price. Older tippmans are the good ones for sure.

If youre' going out on occasion they'll work great, but if you plan on getting into the game in any sort of seriousness, you'll find yourselves quickly outgunned. Even so, if theyr'e cheap i'd still get them just to see how things work out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got a good deal. It's never been shot, still in the package and included a Scott mask and 9 oz CO2 tank.. I paid $45 so I don't have too much invested. I'm considering a 14" J&J barrel..

Thanks,

Shaun

·
Don't tempt me. I bite.
542 Posts
J&J ceramic barrels are arguable the best barrel out there for under $70. They're amazing barrels. As far as the package, and the price you paid, you got a very good deal. Tippmanns are very good guns. Dependable, sturdy, just very good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
j&j 14 or 12 inch barrel. very nice. 14 inch is about $30. Id go for the 14 but if you speedball more than you play woods then get the 12. Work towards getting a regulator too. Or expansion chamber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 98 custom basic the first 98 custom i think the one u have. Good performance

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Work towards getting a regulator too. Or expansion chamber.
dont bother with these, they will generally cost you more than that marker did and neither will help the performance as much as just switching to HPA will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts