Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got a paintball gun last saturday and got some paintballs and the co2 tank filled on sunday. i got the refill and paintballs at sportmart. the paintballs are called zap tork. are these ok paintballs? i got 1000 for 20 bucks. are paintballs supposed to have a hard shell? i can squeeze it and make it pop, but the shell is is hard enough to get cut with. are these balls environment friendly? if i shoot this in my dads garden, will it screw up the soil? i sorta dont know how to maintain the gun. the barrel had little piece of dirt in it, so i shot a paintball down it and now its clean, and now i realize that it may have messed up my barrel by doing that. is my barrel messed up? i want to get a feed tube, instead of using a hopper because mine keeps jamming and it makes alot of noise when it moves, how can i make one that carrys around 15-20 shots? is there a way to make a horizontal feed tube with a spring so the balls dont go back and forth? i only have about 20 dollars left, and i dont want to spend more than 30 on anything

thanks

Edit: oh yeah i only have about 20 dollars left, and i dont want to spend more than 30 on anything

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
What is the paintball gun called? that will help us with what kind of maintenance you need.

Zap generally makes average paint that is good for just messin around with, it will be fine for your needs.

The shell is fine, the only paint i have encountered first hand that has had an overly hard shell has been brass eagle blue streak

Paintballs are environmentally freindly. It should say so on the paint box as well, the shell will degrade over a few months. Your dads soil will not get messed up.

Shooting the barrel clean is fine, your barrel is fine. If a ball breaks in the barrel you may want to run a squeegee through it.

As far as habing a feed tube instead of a hopper, i would say that depends on the marker you have. As of now i advise keeping the hopper. To stop the jams you can buy an electronic hopper, i suggest an empire reloader or a VL revolution, neither should be more than 50 dollars.

If you havent seen it yet, the sticky i am about to link you to has tons of good information for new players such as yourself.

http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77944

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my gun is a sl-68. i found this in the box, what does it do?

im going paintballing with my friends this summer. i dont really know any strategies except for hide and stay quiet, which im not good at. only thing im good at is shooting, which isnt really that good either. takes me about 2 shots if i havent used the gun earlier to hit a 1 ft target 100 feet away. is the paint in the paintball safe to eat? we eat the vegetables in the garden every day, so i dont want to get poisoned or anything. im planning on getting a phantom once i get a job. i dont know why, but i dont like automatics. i would use a semi auto, but i dont really like those either.

thanks again

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Paintballs are non-toxic and are completely safe to eat, they just dont always taste very good. You'll find out sooner or later when you get shot in the mouth part of the mask and some of the paint gets in your mouth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts