Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well I got an Ion with an on/off asa and when i gassed it up the first time i had the nob on the on/off turned out. I wasn't getting any pressure but I believe it was because I changed the regulator. The next time I put my tank on and it blew the oring off the tank I had the nob turned all the way in this time. So I know this may sound newbie but I am not exactly sure how to sue the on/off when do I have the nob turned in and when do I have it turned out.

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
when the knob is screwed in, the tank marker will be gassed up. when the knob is unscrewed, it will not allow air into the marker.
It seems weird, but when you think about it it makes perfect sense.

if you messed with the regulator, thinking that was the problem PLEASE zero it back out. There's nothing worse than a blown gauge and solenoid because you forgot to do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what I was thinking so how do i fix the regulator?
when i put my tank on I want the knob turned in right?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
screw the knob out before you put the tank on. regulators are all different. find a manual for your and use it to figure out which way you need to turn the adjustment screw to lower the pressure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
screw the knob out before you put the tank on. regulators are all different. find a manual for your and use it to figure out which way you need to turn the adjustment screw to lower the pressure.
yeah thats what I thought could be the problem since the first time I put the tan on the knob was turned out, the second time I put my tank on I turned the knob in all the way and it blew back out of the asa blowing off my tanks oring

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
it's best to turn of the air source before removing your tank. Less chance of having a blown o-ring. Just remember to fire your marker a few times before removing your tank unless you have a self-bleeding ASA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts