Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to paintball i used to airsoft but i switched over and im seriously thinking of purchaseing the t storm any opionons

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I don't outright hate Brass Eagle but they are more disposable markers than beginner markers they are something you'd buy for a weekend at the cottage or a bachelor party. If you intend to play on anything like a regular basis stay away from Brass Eagle and save up a few extra dollars for a BT4 or even a cheap Spyder. What exactly is your budget?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well are there any other guns in my price range that are better.also why do you judge the company and not the gun?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If you want a review of the marker I have seen several literally explode on the playing field that should give you an idea of the kind of marker you are shopping for. Brass Eagle used to make great stuff and that old stuff still has strong resale today like The Nightmare. Back in the early-mid 90's they made the jump to being sold in large retail chains like Wal-Mart. The markers they made then weren't as slick as the old stuff but still very good and reliable quality like the Tigershark and Stingray. It didn't take long for the quality to slide and after awhile they basically abandoned the serious rec and entry level player and went for the disposable marker and weekend vandal market.

If you only have $30 and want to play a Brass Eagle will work just fine but don't count on it to work for long.

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
btw your not going to get a good paintball gun for 30, save up and then when you get enough money buy a spyder vs1 or a spyder victor/sonix. And also 4 of my cousins all bought the t storm and one bought the victor and all of their t storms broke, one of my cousins's velocity was stuck, my other cousin kept chopping balls, my other cousins foregrip came apart and my last cousins feedneck fell off. bad day for paintball and they all had to end up renting, but my cousins victor worked out great. and your going to have to get a co2 tank and thats an extra 20 dollars

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
a new spyder pilot acs is going to run you about 120-150, you can probably get it for about 100 used. my friend has it and its pretty good. if your looking in the 09 spyder pilot then its going to run you about 140-170 depends where you buy. keep in mind your still going to have to buy a tank and a hopper, tank-$20 gravity hopper-$5

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
yes the new ones are that much but the polot has been around for a while, there is an older pilot that im thinking he can find for pretty cheap

not sure what model this is but it will probably sell for $30 or under

Spyder Semi-Auto cal .68 PAintball Marker - eBay (item 190334351170 end time Sep-17-09 15:51:07 PDT)

here is a pilot with a e-frame, theres a chance it will go for $30 but the shipping may be what kills this one, its in great shape though

Spyder Pilot Paintball Marker Ultra package. - eBay (item 170382370793 end time Sep-17-09 12:20:01 PDT)

here is a victor 2, buddy of mine has one of these, its served him quite well

Spyder Victor 2 Paintball Gun Frame - eBay (item 270453555071 end time Sep-14-09 19:02:17 PDT)

and finally here is an RS that would be the best out of any of these but its almost at $30 with the shipping (shipping may be different to you though)

Kingman Spyder RS with eye paintball marker gun - eBay (item 300347208544 end time Sep-17-09 09:59:37 PDT)

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
what did you decide to do?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts