Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I went paintballing for the first time this week, and I'm hooked. I rented a spyder, but I wasn't really feeling it. I used my friends tippmann 98 custom and I fell in love :p. I'm looking to get one, which from research seems to go for about $170 here. After the gun is taken care of, realistically, how much am I looking to spend playing paintball? Between paint, and co2 refills, and little gadgets and add ons that I'll feel I need to live?

Thanks a bunch :)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
well all of your gear, if you are buying a tippy, a mask, a co2 tank, and maybe a pack with pods, should not be over 200. To play, it all depends on your field. Some fields have a 20-30 dollar entry fee just to play. Sometimes all day air is included, and sometimes it isnt. If not, it is usually something like 5-10 dollars for an all day air pass. Then you need paint. The price of paint varies greatly. At my field mid level paint is about 50 bucks per case which is great compared to other local fields. At a place about 15 miles from here, the same paint is 80 bucks. If you arent buying a case (2000 balls) then you will obviously pay less. Some fields also allow you to bring your own paint (BYOP) which usually works out to be cheaper.

In the end it all depends on this:
-field entry fee
-air fee (if not included in entry fee)
-paint: how much it costs and how much you shoot

·
Registered
19 Posts
ya i started with a tippy...i got gun,mask,2 tanks, and lik oil for $150....as for upgrades...i didnt lik tippy upgrades...y i switched to spyder....but shuldnt be 2 expensive

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you or friends you play with have a large area. (me and my friends use a forset area) Get some stuff you can use like bunkers and then play no entry fee and no stupid feild paint only rule.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ya, i just play with a bunch of my friends in the woods, we built forts and bunkers and crap...we all just got pump guns to start out, and it was suprisingly fun when every1 has a pump...but now pretty much all of us got semi's...but now its pretty cool, cus the neighborhood that the woods are in is filled with guys that want to play, so they use one of our pumps...i think we are going to start charging 5 dollars a day for pump gun of there choice(talon ghost or blade 2) maybe 100-200 paintballs(you dont really shoot much with pumps) and 5 co2 cylinders...so we are accually going to try and make some money and get new players at the same time...we got about 10 people right now, so thats what i suggest, play woodsball, and you can still go to a speedball course if you want every once in a while...

·
Registered
52 Posts
y would u by field paint?????!!! the cheapest ive seen store paint is 30 bucks a case, u should check if field paint is required cause if it is youll be paying double

·
Registered
917 Posts
not all field are bring your own paint (BYOP) :rolleyes:

You are looking at ~$180 if you are getting a 98C+neccesities.

If your field is BYOP, you will save a ton of cash. About $40 a case for cheap, but usable, paint. If you have to use field paint, you are looking at $60-$100 per case, for the same paint.

All Day Air is usually $5-$10. I haven't seen any that charge more or less than that.

Field entry is anywhere from $5-$30. If you feel that your field is ripping you off, feel free to build your own. Very rewarding once you're done. :)

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
How much will you spend on Paintball? Let me tell you, when you are standing in line at the grocery store and you think "I can go one more day on Mac and Cheese -- that way I have enough yet for a couple of speedball games after work." Then, and only then, will you know just how much you spend.

It boils down to - basic equipment is cheap -- paint and air is what adds up quick! I am a weekend rec player and I have spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500 since march on everything.

But hell -- its cheaper and more fun then most addictions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bet around $20 a day for playing paintball for hours. A CO2 refill is somewhere around 6$ and 500 rounds of paint will cost around 14.50 for mid grade paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts