Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I used to play a lot growing up but never found enough guys to get going to any tournaments or anything unfortunately. I recently just dove back into the sport and really want to play some competitive leagues or tournaments! I am located in Western NY Rochester specifically, I know there are a couple of fields in the area and several more about an hour and a half away and don't mind traveling to practice. Im up for a challenge so I wanting to either join a team or start one if I have to! I myself own over 40 acres just outside of Rochester in-between Buffalo and Rochester and I am seriously considering starting a paintball business and hosting some events. I am joining this forum because I really love playing paintball and would like to share that with others. I'm looking for people in my area specifically but would enjoy chatting, networking, sharing videos, and ideas with anyone who enjoys some serious paintballing! Let's spread some paintball knowledge and joy and help grow this AWESOME sport!

·
Administrator
14,017 Posts
Welcome, few things, this forum is basically dead, many of us migrated over to mcarterbrown.com

A little more lively over there but you don't get the bad info you can on pbnation (easily the biggest forum out there)

I would not suggest competitive play, it can really suck the fun out of the sport because in order to play on a competitive level you basically have to dedicate all of your free time to practice

Want to relax for a day? Feeling sick? Weather bad? Too bad, you need to get on the field.

Tired of the same bunker layout? Too bad, that's the layout for the tournament in 2 months, better get used to it.

Tired of your marker and want to shoot something different for a change? Too bad, sponsors are expecting you to use that one.

You may not be playing division 1 and all of the above may not apply to you but really, competitive play is a young man's sport and the players I've talked to basically burn out fairly fast. I have a friend from highschool that played division 3 ball, he no longer does but does own a paintball field. Last I talked to him, he hasn't stepped onto a paintball field to play in about 3 years. It's just a job to him now and he doesn't care to play at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts