Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go to bottom of post if you don't want a story...sorry, I was bored, putting off doing homework..

Well, some of you may recall that I own a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S...small, sporty car...completely worthless if there is ANY snow on the ground. Luckily, I moved to the city where I am going to school and work, so I don't have to drive 25 miles each way 6 days out of the week like I did before mid-November...but even the 1 mile to school and 2 miles to work are difficult to do when there is any snow, slush, ice, etc. on the ground in this car. Even being really easy on the clutch/gas in 2nd...all the front wheels do is spin.

I work at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer detailing cars, and a couple traded in their 2002 Dodge durango for an '08 Durango, and when I was getting the Durango they traded in ready to put out on our lot, I realized how anal the guy was about having his **** clean and perfect. In the glove box were receipts of everything done on the vehicle since it was purchased, including rust-proofing every October. In May of 2005 he got all new carpeting put it for whatever reason (I was told it was because he didn't like the lighter color carpet...replaced with black). He also put down plastic in the winters to keep the carpets clean...so I knew that the vehicle was VERY well taken care of.

Anywho, because I would at the dealership I was able to get a really good deal on it. They were asking $9,995 + TTL, and I got it for $7,000 + TTL...total of around $7,600...not too shabby.

It's a 2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 with the 4.7L V8. Has the 3rd row seats, new tires, 85k miles, a Viper anti-theft system, and like I mentioned before new-er carpet.

Quick picture I took with my phone while I was at work the day I purchased it.

SHORT VERSION: My car (2006 Acura RSX Type-S) sucks in snow, I work at a car dealership, couple traded in their '02 Durango for an '08, dude was anal about it...they were asking $10k and I got it for 7...yay me

EDIT: oh damn...didn't realize the size of the picture was that big...sorry, but I am too lazy to go change it. It's your fault if it can't fit on your computer screen

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

I don't plan on doing too much to it...I know I need to put a nice headunit in it...something to hook my MP3 player up to, and I also plan on slapping on a Flowmaster muffler...but other than that I don't think I will change anything. One of my buddies has a lifted Durango and he keeps trying to talk me into putting a lift kit on it and buy his rims off of him...but I am almost 100% positive I'm not going to haha.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mluh - haha...na...that's one of the main reasons why I didn't keep my truck (1995 Dodge Ram 1500) after I bought my car. The durango should get better gas mileage than my old truck though because of the smaller engine...even though it's only smaller by half a liter.

jin - haha...yea. I thought I would be able to make it through the winters in my little car...but I was wrong haha. Oh well, I'm really happy with it so far. It can actually go through some pretty burly stuff. One of my buddies and I went out last night in one of his fields and I only got stuck twice. He has a '99 F150 and he got stuck 2 times as well.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I'm picking up a '96 F150 today from the dealership. I'm not crazy about it, but I'll be selling it by September for something I actually want. I would love a newer style (99-01) Cherokee. Then next summer (summer 2010) I plan on picking up either a Pontiac G8 or a GMC Sierra, most likely new from the dealership.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You sure lvoe your JEEPs, Painter. Nice dodge, looks clean as hell. My aunt has one just like that cept dark green, rides pretty damn smooth.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for commenting.

I really like Jeeps as well, but the dealership that I work at didn't have any that I liked for a reasonable price...oh well.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^haha yea. I was pretty surprised with how peppy the 4.7V8 was.

On Sunday me and one of my buddies went into one of his fields that is all drifted over and had some fun in the snow. He has an 05 Silverado (stock) and I had to pull him out twice...he only had to pull me out once and we were going through the same drifts. The one I got stuck in came up to the top of the wheel wells...pretty deep **** haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts