Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going. I been Playing PaintBall for maybe a Week & I love it. I have a Spyder Xtra with 32 Degrees Quiet Riot Barrel.

The Question i have is. What would you Recommend for Clothing Wise so the Initial Shot Doesnt Hurt so much Upclose

Example: I got Shot at 280 from 4 Foot away in my Back. Might not Sound Bad to the Poeple who have Played along Time but To me a Beginner it Hurt like hell.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Why were you shot in the back?

They sell chest protectors, or you can wear heavy clothing...

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
grit your teeth. I normally play in shorts and a t with shin/knee gaurds. It comes down to it you want something loose and baggy. That way balls bounce still hurt but won't break some times. Dont wear coats and sweatshirts that ticks me off. most tourneys only allow for 2 layers a shirt and jersey. Wear what is comortable in the climate not what will make it 'hurt' less. Try to shoot them before they shoot you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got Shot in the Back because I was Eliminated after my Team got Eliminated & the Kid Decided at the Field while I was walking off to All of a Sudden Shoot me an Extra Time. The Manager did see that & did Kick him out. It was a Shot in the Spine It did Hurt but you gotta Love the Game :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where I come from everybody here is Childish. Like the Other day we went to the Field & Played for about an Hour. The Ref's Checked our Gun Speed 180 Good. Well one of the Kids didnt like it so on the Game He Turned it up to about 390 or how ever High it Goes & shot a friend of mine... Who Automaticly got up Bleedingfrom his Chest. Got into a Fight. They are banned from the Field. People here are Retarded

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
take it like a man, it doent hurt at all whn you gat used to it, so get shot a coupl times and it wint hurt anymore

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
390? That's freaking crazy.........

Try to play more aggressively, that way you have more adrenaline running through your body. Then again, since you were already out, it would have faded, so...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Bah it doesnt hurt that bad... Just play a few times and you'll be used to it... If you were eliminated and came within 4 feet of me, I'd shoot you.. just to make sure you were out... Why were you so close to him? Were you bunkered? If so, then yeah it hurts but it's all part of it. Now if he ran up behind you and shot you then that's different... But if it just happened that he shot you because you were too close or because he'd bunkered you, then get over it... I've been hit multiple times before after I was out. It's just part of the game.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I no & its a Fun Game. It was a 5 on 5 me team was eliminated. So it left me against him & his other Team MAte. He shot me I said Im out. So we all Started walking off the Field but before we do we all meet in the Middle to Say Good Game. Well as we did that We all started Walking of Field & Thats when I got shot in the Back. Nothing Serious Just stung & Swelled wich was Pretty Kool.

Yeah I am New to the Game & its gonna take sometime to get Used to & yeah it doesnt Hurt that Bad but Soft Spots Hurt like Hell. :)

Thanks for all your Posts. Heres one Other Question. Who sells the Best Uniforms Gonna try & get my Team a Uniform... So We can at least look half way Decent

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Dye sells great uniforms. :)

P.S. Where in NY is auburn?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Perhaps he didnt mean to do it... If his gun was electronic he may have a very short trigger pull and it may have happened by accident.. But if not, then he should have been warned... I dunno if I wouldve kicked him off my field unless he'd done it more than once before, though.

And yeah, Dye's jerseys and C4 pants are great. But they're expensive... The jerseys arent too bad but the C4 pants are about 130 bucks.

I just got Empire tourney pants and an Empire tourney jersey. They're almost as good, and I paid a little more than half of what I would have for Dye stuff

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just get a regular paintball jersey.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Sounds like your filed has some serious safety issues. Overshooting, shooting eliminated players, and jacking the velocity are all bannable offenses at my field, and in my opinion should be. These rules are in place not only to increase the enjoyment of the sport, but to prevent potentially serious injuries.

I mean, c'mon, 390 fps is down right dangerous and just plain irresponsible, and shooting a recball player in the back at 4' is just stupid. Tourneys are a different story, but there you pay your money and take your chances.

In most recball situations you are first to give the player a chance to surrender when you get in closer then like 10 feet, if they don't then they are fair game.

I would talk with the owner about the problem, and if you get no satsifaction from that, I would seriously consider finding somewhare else to play.

·
Registered
523 Posts
its okay to wear a lot of clothing to start off when ur a beginner especially because you are probably taking more shots because of your playing abitlity...as u get more comfortable with getting shot then u can wear less clothing.

start off maybe a sweatshirt or 2 and some heavy pants...

i just wear a t-shirt now cuz idc anymore

·
Registered
520 Posts
wear a t-shirt ,light sweatshirt or long sleeved shirt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. Im just gonna get an Entire Tournament Outfit. I can take the Hit Fine. The Owner does do his Job. Its just some of the Refs that he Has Suck. They dont Speak up Enough. 1 Ref has been Fired for that Incident with my Friend who was Bleeding cause of the 390 Shot. The Ref was Friends with the Kids who did it. but now hes out of Work... I didnt care to much about the Back Shot I did talk with the Kid Today & he did Appologize for that Incident. Yeah the Field does need to get in Gear... Where im fro mthere isnt that many Places to Play unless you want to Drive an Hour or 2...

Its all Good tho. Thanks for the Information on the Cloths. Gonna Definatly get some kool Gear... By the Way you will see the "APBallers" at the Top. Good Luck to all the Teams & Regular Players out there. I will still be Posting & Talking with you Guys. So just leave a Pm or what not anytime.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
MedicDVG said:

In most recball situations you are first to give the player a chance to surrender when you get in closer then like 10 feet, if they don't then they are fair game.
I am glad none of the fields I go to do that. IMO that just gives them more opporitunity to shoot you. Bunkering is safe as long as the other safety rules are followed, plus it is a heck of a lot more fun then surrendering people.:D

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
but if they dont surrender, take em hostage, use em as a human sheild *muahahahahaaa* it's perfect if a rule is no bunkering.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts