Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys, I'm new to the whole paintball scene and I had so much fun my first time that I decided that I wanted to buy my own equipment. I was looking at package deals because I needed googles and everything and I came across this (link removed) My cousin's got me into all this and they told me to get a Custom Pro, so I did some looking around and, being the way I am, decided I wanted the e-grip too. You guys are probably going to laugh at me because I'm sure I didn't exactly get the best package out there but I'm curious as to weather or not it was a waste of money. I have been reading about the WAS board on various sites and I had first thought that all e-grips come with them but now i have a feeling that this is not the case. Would a hopper be my next best upgrade? I mean if I have the e-grip wouldn't it be more benficial to get a better hopper moreso then anything else? Baisically what I'm asking is will I be able to play alright with that whole setup and will I be able to turn it on auto/turbo/etc without having to worry about chopping? And I know this is the Tippmann forum but I would also like to get peoples opinions on the mask and the harness. I know my cousins wear smaller harnesses but 6 pod slots seems like overkill to me.

Edit: whoops sorry didn't realize I couldn't post that, removed the link

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
what i would suggest, is a plain jane 98 custom package... that way you can play, and you have all the stuff... what i would then get, in order
-a good thermal mask (yes, expensive, but you'll enjoy it more in the long run)
-a barrel
-a good motorized hopper
-HPA
-double trigger
-any other performance or visual modifications you want after that...

of course polish the internals if you get it.. that helps out a little bit and lots of people will reccomend that.. make sure you do it correctly though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh... I knew I made a mistake getting that package(I forgot to mention in my original post that I already bought it). Hope they will let me return it so I can get a regular 98 custom. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts