Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions and comments. I need to purchase 2 markers for my sons. I want something that won't break my bank and definetely want quality as first preferrence. I would also like a package deal, in that I'm not buying 3 or 4 accessories individually, plus the marker. I've been looking at an A-5 Tippmann package from different on-line, Ebay and local retail shops. My funds are limited, these are recreational players and not dedicated weekend warriors. So, with that said, "what or who are the on-line dealers to stay away from, ebay as well". My second question is, "How is Tippmann customer service, are they reliable and customer orientated?". Like I said I'm new to this stuff. We did airsoft several years ago, learned from others' on-line mis-fortunes. So that's why I'm asking questions here. Great site, plenty of info and opinions. Thanks in advance for any help offered!wave:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Even if you aren't a dedicated weekend warrior the big downside to the starter packages is that the masks are awful and will fog up easily. While a foggy mask is annoying it is also a safety hazard for kids because their first instinct is always to lift the mask to clear the fog. You can find packages out there with good masks just look for ones that list a "thermal lens". Also check out the sizes of the tanks most list a 9oz or 12oz which with something like a Tippmann wont get you very far.

A lot of longtime players will tell you that Tippmann has gone downhill the last few years but their customer service is still excellent and easily among the best in the industry. The markers are also very easy to repair on our own should you need to or if you aren't handy any shop will be able to easily fix them for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crawdaddy, thanks for the response and info. The mask info was something I didn't realize, lifting to clear....that could be/is an issue. My reasoning with Tippmann, the two fields that my sons and friends visit use Tippmann. I talked to the owners and they both mentioned the reliability, ease of maintenance, and quality of components. So if they're in the business to make money, downtime is an issue.
So being new to this, who are some of the more reliable dealers, on-line or through EBAY. We have local dealers that I would like to support, if they are reasonable in price.
:)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I don't have a problem with Tippmanns but their quality has gone down a bit. A few years ago the Tippmann family sold their business to an investment firm and a lot of the production was moved over to China and along with the move a lot of metal components were changed to plastic. The design is still very rugged and simple which is nice for rental fleets or equipment owners but for the same price as a Tippmann you can get an electronic Spyder which is the route a lot of other players will recommend.

There are lots of online retailers Action Village is one of the biggest and best.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts