Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new member to the forums and just wanted to start up some discussion on the logistics of night paintball so we can share our experiences and ideas, as well as what does/doesn't work.

I've played it time to time the past 8 years and I've come to learn that paintball at night (especially in the woods) isn't all it's cracked up to be - I still enjoy it, but it's definitely WAY different with the longer games, VERY limited visibility, and discomforts associated. Also, seems to be that the honors system is the only way to go about it when considering if a player is eliminated.

Any recomendations for a good night game other than these standard ones I'm listing? We usually play one of 3 games - 1 is CTF, except the flags have glowsticks on top of them and we make a rule you can't conceal them (makes it very interesting when you're trying to escape with the enemy flag). 2 is Assault, which is like CTF backwards - the "bomb" has a glowstick attached to it and you have to set it off in a cannister located in the enemy's base. 3 is Hunters/Hunted. We usually have a few people get 1 hour to set up and hide in the woods, then everyone else (a much larger group) comes in to hunt them (we make it 3:1 or 4:1 odds because obviously the hiders have an enormous advantage)

I'm looking first for game ideas that don't require too much special equipment. Any ideas would be awesome, and I can elaborate further on our game experiences if someone wants. Thanks!

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
well most of us gave up on night ball long ago since, as you pointed out, its not all its cracked up to be, you are tripping over stuff all night, not knowing where to go and sometimes shooting your team.

one game that may work ok in the night that i can think of though is slave and master, lets say you have 9 people, split into 3 teams, each with a captain and second in command, when you hit someone on another team they must come tag your captain and are now on your team as another slave, if a captain is tagged the second in command takes over that team and the captain is now a slave on the other team that got him after he tags that team's captain (maybe captains should wear glow sticks?) it may or may not work but its worth a try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, that definitely sounds interesting. Since people are going around in 3's, that would mean they are close together and it shouldn't be too hard to tell who is on your team. We're looking for stuff like that in an attempt to keep a more localized game. Sometimes we get SO spread out that one game takes hours. Although I personally like a long, drawn out game every once in awhile, it's not always poplular with others.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya you really have to make sure people stay close to their captain even in the day, if one of your slaves shoots someone they will come over to the slave who shot them first, and if they dont know where the captain is or if the captain is still in then the game quickly falls apart

o and also make it a rule that dead men dont talk, basically if i have to come over to your team i can not tell you where all the other people on my previous team are hiding

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
So if you get shot again, by your original team, after you changed teams one time, do you go back to your original team?

·
Registered
14 Posts
no way night ball can be dangerous you trip over things and with a paintball gun in your hand its just a recipe for disaster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts