Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm currently looking into a night vision set up and am interested in recommendations. So far the only certainty at this point is i want to buy/build a helmet mount set up and not a gun mount. If anyone has some ideas or recommendations I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have night vision and i had it go over my mask with head gear and it sucked you trip over everything.

i built a custom setup for my hopper that works way better. way better meaning that i can actually us it. and i always roll with it.

also my buddie has a bionacular set up that he puts in a pocket on his vest that is also very effective. you basicly become a spotter for your team members around you

my best advice is the gun mount or a binicolaur set up in your pocket and learn to navigate in the dark. your eyes will adjust after about 20 minutes and you will be able to see stuff around you. dont use ir iluminators to light you way anyone with night vision on the other team will see you.

you can get a waterproof gen1 or gen 2 for a decent price under $400 anyways

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've been playing at night for just over 3 yrs, i have several suggestions from my teammates who use NV (and love it) i was just getting some other opinions as well

·
rogueknight
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well up to this point i've been following the teammates with the NV and just blast where they tell me too....and effectively clear out the are as well

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
if you really want to dump the money on nigh vision im sure it would help but at least i think that really gives you and unfair advantage over the new players that dont have it, and if everyone has it then it kinda seems pointless to play in the night since everyone can see everything

theres a reason those halo hoppers with the blacklight kits and glow in the dark paintballs never sold all that well, not a lot of people like fishing around in the dark

1 - 20 of 30 Posts