Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Nissan 240SX with an RB26DET (bored to 2.7, so RB27) engine swap and turbo setup that is making 740HP/592WHP on pump gas. All quality parts, good build from what i've seen.

What would you say is a fair price?

Thing is the car is far away and I'd have to fly out to look at it. This won't happen for a bit, that is, if it even does happen, as I still have to sell my car. Just hoping to get some input.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
The engine alone is worth $16,000.

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you getting that figure dooms? RB26's go for 5k on ebay with transmissions frequently. Though the engine has been enhanced, i doubt that it totalled 10k+

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Where are you getting that figure dooms? RB26's go for 5k on ebay with transmissions frequently. Though the engine has been enhanced, i doubt that it totalled 10k+
The RB27DET that we built cost about $30,000. Granted, ours was built for more wheel hp than that is making at the crank, but it's still not cheap at all to build up an RB26DETT in the states. Good parts are very difficult to come by (we had to have the connecting rods and transmission custom made). Also, to get the engine to work in a 240 takes quite a bit of money and engineering time in itself, there aren't any kits out there (like there are for sticking an LS1 in an RX7). If it was built properly and built in the states it must have cost the owner well over $10,000 to do in running gear alone.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
For what it's worth, I almost bought an RB swapped 240 for $4900 over the summer. Granted it wasn't the cleanest car. It was pretty stock though. Still was badass wish I could have test drove it but it was like an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I actually prefer vipers over vettes, no offense to vette lovers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts