Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a nitro tank from my buddy the other day, crossfire 48/3000 i think, i filled it up and went to shoot, got 3 shots off then it dryfires like theres no air, un screwed the tank, screwed it back on, shot 3 times and did it again, whats the prob?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
were u shooting with paint? u may need a tapeworm for the gun. Thats what was happening with my impulse and i just put in a tape worm and it fixed it right up.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i dont think a spyder can take a tapeworm....

there could be one of several problems....

1. hammer/striker o ring is bad or going bad. (this is most likely the cause)

2. sear is worn

3. striker/hammer is worn

4. damaged or worn or half unscrewed cup seal. (....unscrewed from the valve pin...)

5. gun is in desperate need of a good cleaning and oiling (this is something i would do just to be sure its not that...and check the hammer oring while your at it))

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its aluminum, and has a red band around the reg. i dont know what that bumper thing is, but i dont tihnk it has to do with the sear, its like im shooting and on the next shot, it fires like there is absolutly no air, doesnt recock, doesnt make a noise , doesnt shoot a ball, just like i would not even have a tank on it. i ripped the entire gun apart yeasterday and everythign looked normal, the only thing i didint pull out was the valve

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
The red band shows it is a HP output, so my idea is down. Did you take the front block off when you tore the marker down? If not, do so and look at the cupseal and try out onesikpup's ideas.

onesikpup said:
1. hammer/striker o ring is bad or going bad. (this is most likely the cause)

2. sear is worn

3. striker/hammer is worn

4. damaged or worn or half unscrewed cup seal. (....unscrewed from the valve pin...)

5. gun is in desperate need of a good cleaning and oiling (this is something i would do just to be sure its not that...and check the hammer oring while your at it))

·
Registered
361 Posts
i had the same problem but all i had to do was replace the o ring on da tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts