Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I run my spyder e99 avent on nitro or CO2 I can afford both.

·
Registered
300 Posts
True true, if you can afford it nitro is the way to go, deifinatly more consistant and if you get a carbon fiber tank, its way lighter than a Co2 tank.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yup...

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
nitro will be a bit more expensive in the short term, so if you just started the sport, anfd arent surre wether you'll be continuing in it or not, nitro may not be the way to go.. it will however be cleaner, and run more efficient in your gun in the long run, and you'll have more consistency from shot to shot due to less shootdown... you may want to run a nicer 2ndary reg. if you go with nitro, just to fine tune pressures... co2 has it's ups tho also, it's cheap, easily accessible (easier to get co2 here than HPA) and it works pretty well, as long as it isnt too cold, or you're not shooting ungodly fast rates of fire... nitro you can carry over to any gun oyu'll ever won, which is a nother up, co2 you can also, but you'd want to get it anti siphoned fist so liquid co2 doesnt reach the internals of a higher end gun and ruin it...

go with the nitro if you can afford it and are going to be sticking with the sport, otherwise go with co2 for a hile, see how you like playing, then invest in a nice tank for yourself, you wont be dissappointed...

hope this helped, any other ?'s just pm me

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Well, I wouldn't get HPA if you are just getting into the sport. Wait awhile so you know you will be playing paintball for awhile before you make such a large investment on a tank.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'd get HPA and have a proshop dude help you out with it and tell you how to take care of it, HPA>co2 on nearly all occasions

·
Registered
912 Posts
paintballing016 said:
Yeah. Since you said you can afford both then get c02 first and see if you like the sport.
heh, name one person that has played and honestly said that they have not liked the sport ..it just doesnt happen

Id go with hpa, but co2 would work fine for you for now. If you would like i have a 47ci/3000psi ACI tank that i might be selling, you can pm me if you are interested. Im in no hurry to sell it so ill prolly have it for a while.

-jrow

·
Registered
900 Posts
Even if your getting into the sport get a nitro tank if you can.... youll want to play more.. hahah yea... but nitro is more consistent and is cleaner for the gun...

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
illd go ahead and get the nitro man. they have good resale even if you dont like it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea Hpa is deffinatley better. Its way more consistant and u wont get any velocity spikes like you do with co2. Also you will be able to get a lot more shots out of a Hpa tank then a co2 tank.

-Alex

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Some models, mostly older ones, are designed to run on liquid CO2. If you run HPA they will have velocity problems. Other than that CO2 is cheaper. You could also agrue that since CO2 is stored as a liquid that someone would get more shots from a smaller bottle than is possible with HPA.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
the older models not liking it is what i was thinking of. i was just covering all bases to avoid a flame. we also almost always ran the old shockers on CO2 to. they just worked better that way(ones i used anyway)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts