Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a few guys who live or travel in NJ, so I thought I would let you know this.

On November 3 the governer signed into effect a law that makes using a cell phone while driving a primary offense. That means police can now pull you over and ticket you if they see you talking on a cell phone that isn't "hands free." The fine is $250 for "Unsafe Operation of a Motor Vehicle."

I just got the same e-mail that all the police are passing around, so they are definately aware of this and are ready to crack down. Just wanted to let all the NJ people know so you don't wind up with a hefty fine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Maine just recently passed a law that you cannot talk on a cell phone while driving if you are under 18. I dont really care though, I do my best not to talk on my phone while driving.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah here in West Virginia... you have to be 18 and over... police really aren't enforcing it yet... i haven't gotten caugt

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
now I just have to wait for it to get to indiana. The poor tib has almost been taken out several times by stupid girls texting while driving

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Sweet. I hate when people drive while talking and suck at it. I get bad road rage.
Seriously. We have a million stop signs in NJ, and for good reason. I see so many people blow through them and red lights too, and of course they are talking on their cell phones.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Hell the damn cops drive around here talkin on their cell phones(non hands free). Usually the only time I use mine is when I use the walkie-talkie and all I have to do is push a button and holler at it lol.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Chicago's been doing this for a while.

I'm a monkey's uncle if they ever enforce it though, usually only ticket you for it when you're speeding.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
anyone ever work as a cart pusher for target? you wanna talk about girls on cell phones...jeezus, i almost died like 10 times in a 2 month period.
I never had that problem. What I got pissed at is when people would stop in front of my line of 15 carts I was pushing...not realizing that once I got them going there was no stopping them.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
he he i hear ya on that one. lol i was lucky, had the automatic cart pusher w/a remote. this one time though, this lady was sitting in her running car in a parking spot, i made sure she wasn't backing up at all, and then i started to move a row of about 75 carts up the hill towards the store. about 1/2 way through the row she decided to back up.

yeah, she hit them. worst part is, all she did was pull forward a bit, and back up even faster. she was pissed that i was pulling the carts behind her! another 30 seconds i would've been gone, but instead she had to wait a half hour while logistics got it all sorted out

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I had one of those cart machines but I refused ot use it. I was onyl doing a Sams club lot so there was no need for it so long as I stayed on my toes. The physical benefits of actually pushing carts over pushing a button won out in my mind.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I don't understand why people text when they drive though... I usually just call the person when they send me a text

1 - 20 of 22 Posts