Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, if u r drinkin and drivin and get pulled over for a breath test, u r screwed unless.....

When you get out of the car, pop a beer open and drink it. The cop will have to say he saw you drink a beer before the test and you will get a public intoxication ticket, a lot less to deal with.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MuddinPede_98C said:
That's weird, but good if it would work.
No, according to my dad, that is the new trick lawyers have found that works. Because if you drink one beer, you will have a very high bac before the test, so they won't know if you've had more than one.

Also, If a cop pulls you over for speedin, speed in front of that same exact cop several times, then take him to court for harassment.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can say that the cop that pulled you over is constantly harrassing you and the court will release it. Do it 4 or 5 times and get pulled over by the cop who gave you your first ticket. Get pulled over those 4 or 5 times before your time to pay for the ticket runs out.

Also, may just be down here, but the sheriff doesn't have radar, so speed the hell up in front of him.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Nice try, but it wont work.. at least not in Wisconsin.

You can drink a beer in fornt of him and thats fine. THen they wont offer you a breathalyzer, they just then drag you into the ER for a blood draw under Wisconsin's "implied consent" law. Not to mention having a charge of "open intoxicants" and potentially "obstructing justice" added to you lengthening list of misdeeds. If you refuse the blood draw, you are automatically aressested and ordered to the blood draw by law enforcement, charged with disorderly conduct, and say goodby to your DL for a year.

Sorry but, one beer will not elevate your BAC so much that it will push you over the legal limit. You can argue that your BAC of 0.01 or greater was the result of that one beer, but there are information tables that based on your body weight and measured BAC can tell you the total amount of alcoholic drinks that were consumed. If its greater then 1, you are screwed.

Also, if you are under 21 you get a violation of "absolute sobriety" or underage drinking, and if you do that in a car, say good by to your DL for 6 months plus fines.

Now if you have a person in the car with you when you are pinched, they better be older then 18, even if they are not drinking. Then you are looking at "reckless endangerment of a minor by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle as a minor." Then you are looking at potential jail time.

You can get Johnny Cocran for your mothpiece and you still would be screwed as the laws are heavily biased in the favor of the law enforcement officials.

Claim harrasement all you want - the judge will simply ask you if indeed you were traveling over the speed limit, you say "yes sir, I was." They don't care why. I can gaurentee you that you will get your harrasment charges dismissed. In fact, you might get nailed with the title "habitual traffic offender" and then you can kiss your DL goodby forever.

So in order to avoid a DUI, you now have the following citations to deal with:
1) Open intoxicants
2) Violation of absolute sobriety
3) Reckless endangerment of a minor by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle
4) Obstructing justince or obstrucing an officer
5) *Disorderly conduct
6) *and if you fight with the person doing your draw - felony assault of a healthcare worker
7) Not to mention that when the labs come back as positive for alcohol over the legal limit, you will get charged with OWI anyway.

Of course the easy way to avoid ALL of this is to not have been driving impaired in the first place.

[soapbox] Now, here is the God's honest truth about drinking and driving. Quite frankly, It is the most irresponsible, selfish, and dangerous thing that you can do, period.

I mean think about it, not only are you saying to the world that you dan't give a damn about social responsibilty and the safety of other folks around you, you are saying that your own life is not worth anything to you as you are intentionally placing yourself in great bodily danger.

Now, I have been in the emergency medical business since 1989 and in that time I have seen alcohol realted snowmobile, bicycle, ATV, Jetski, Boat, Tractor, motorcycle, automobile, ultra light plane, and even pedestrian crashes that have lead to serious injury, life long disability, and of course death. And don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy alcohol myself, and I have been known to tie one on a time or two in my past. I just don't drive when I do that. Accident prevention at its finest.

Folks, it ain't worth it. Please, please, please don't drink and drive. [/soapbox]

Ok, I am done now and I apologise for the long rant.. But this is an issue that I deal with every single day of my professional career, and I feel strongly about it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't drink and drive, i'm not stupid. but moon shine will raise ur bac pretty damn high. Anyways, i just said its a way that works down here because its a new trick lawyers are figuring the bugs out of.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
I don't drink and drive, i'm not stupid....
No, but you are advocating a method whereby others may "Beat the system." That is a legal concept called "collusion" and makes you an "accessory after the fact." As for moonshine, yep you are right that it will jack your BAC to the sky in a very short amount of time, but then add "posession and trafficking in contraband liquors" to the list as well. That my friend is FEDERAL charges.

No offesne to your dad, but if you want to to bet your right to liberty and your driving privilages on that stunt, go right ahead. When they let you have writing papers in jail, let me know how it worked.

I am fairly certain that the Judge won't find this funny in ANY state of this great country of ours.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, my dad doesn't do it. His friend told him about that. Tequila, jose, red rum, and jack mixed will jack ur bac up. but i just decided to show people what my dad's friend said. I don't like cops, so its fun to say ways to beat the system

·
Registered
757 Posts
Medic.. correct me if im wrong but.. to be an accessory after the fact you must have had knowledge of the specific crime you are an accessory to. He could be an accessory before the fact, if you can prove that he aided or counseled someone in comminting or to commit a crime. The question is does a general "how-to" qualify as specific and addressed aid or counseling.

Cops can throw just about anything they want at you though, just hiring a lawyer to get out from under assaulting an officer is a pain in the ass.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
are you a cop?

seriously tho, in texas i know people who get away with dui by refusing to blow, going to jail for refusing, waiting for court ordered blood draw (usually enough time for your BAC to drop plenty), therefore rendering you "sober" by legal standards.

of course i dont condone drinking let alone drinking and driving, and im almost sure TX is trying to get a better system in place. pot is my anti alcohol.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
MedicDVG, I award you with another 1,000 e-cool points and 500 e-smart points. Thank you for clearing up the non-sense.

D

·
0 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Of course the easy way to avoid ALL of this is to not have been driving impaired in the first place.
listen to this...the conscequences for dui should be higher.. anyone that drives wasted should have their licenses removed for a very long time.. it should not be tolerated.. and jail time also.. i hear of people doing and it just want to slap them.. it SO stupid

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
braka said:
Medic.. correct me if im wrong but.. to be an accessory after the fact you must have had knowledge of the specific crime you are an accessory to. He could be an accessory before the fact, if you can prove that he aided or counseled someone in comminting or to commit a crime.

Good point, and you are completely correct

1 - 20 of 25 Posts