Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ego solenoid is being replaced around april of 2008. I don't know how the're going to replace it, but whatever it is I hope is works better. Because the solenoid was originally used in soda machines. Please post if you have more info on this topic. Or pics. Thanks

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
where did you get this information? i' not going to believe it till i see it from a reputabel source.
I dont' see why it wouldn't be used in a coke machine, solenoids are used in all sorts of operations.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I call shens on this.

I think I read somewhere a while ago that Eclipse started using a solenoid specifically built for the Ego, I believe starting with the Ego7. Even if they were using a solenoid used for other applications, that's hardly unusual. There are no paintball companies that I know of that build their own solenoids, they either order pre-made ones (the usual course of action), or order ones specific to their application (rare and generally more expensive for them to do).

-edit- Nope, no custom solenoid specifically for the Ego, but they did upgrade it for the Ego7:
http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eNews.asp?newsID=214

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I could see it happening. and a lot of companies just get a solenoid already designed(alien and FEP both use matrix noids to my knowledge).

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Most of the noids used in EP guns are made buy SMC or humphreys. They may be going to discontinue that particular model, but I'm sure there will be others using the same amount of power and same manifold patter, to back it up for years.

Otherwise i see an aftermarket manifold coming out to replace the noid with a different one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts