Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lissen on the radio and they play classic rock and almost all of it is good, then i switch the channel to a station that plays almost only new rock and most of it sucks exept for a few.

is there anything wrong with our generation or is rock just dying, and why isent there any good bands like led zepplen(random example) anymore? :shrug:

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
there are plenty of good new rock bands, none as great as the classic rock era were. you're too ignorant and refuse to listen to anybut but classic rock which is stupid. now im not saying you have to listen to emo music now, but theres ALOT of talented bands out there. the killers is an amazing band. i think when my generation is older, theyre going to be a more remembered band. and you have no right to say that led zeppelin is good if you cant even spell their name correctly...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ya there are plenty of great new rock bands out there.
I listen to alot of rock. My favorite bands are The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, The Hives, and The Bravery is showing a lot of promise. All these are great and will probably be remembered by future generations. You have every right to like classic rock heck I like it, all Im saying is there are great bands out there you just have to look.

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
ja289 said:
there are plenty of good new rock bands, none as great as the classic rock era were. you're too ignorant and refuse to listen to anybut but classic rock which is stupid. now im not saying you have to listen to emo music now, but theres ALOT of talented bands out there. the killers is an amazing band. i think when my generation is older, theyre going to be a more remembered band. and you have no right to say that led zeppelin is good if you cant even spell their name correctly...
i hate the killers

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i hate the radio. My brother is blind to how bad the rock station in STL is. He blasts the **** all the time, u can hear it (or the dull roar of it) through out the house.

there are a few good bands out there....i just think it's b/c the damn record companies are just trying to manufacture bands, they keep passing over talent.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Tool is a great example of new good rock music. I love Tool. Great instrumentals, and they actually have somewhat 'deep' lyrics. Rage was, of course, good, if you classify them as rock. Velvet Revolver is pretty sweet. I like System of a Down too.

Just a few examples. True though, they don't seem to make music how they use to. And I don't know how you can say Zeppelin is overrated. They're amazing. I'd have to say Stairway is overrated, but if you actually listen to other songs by Zeppelin, they're great.

-Jin

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
you guys say radio sucks, but maybe it's just your radio stations. mine plays new stuff, even tho it does play some of the same songs over and over

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
My station has a really small list, mainly consisting of the flavors of the month. It also pisses me off when they tell you "Next up, *insert old song title here*. The Nerve - Always breaking new rock first" It's not a new song! It's old!

-Jin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts