Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I am wondering if anybody knows anything about filling tanks? know any good websites to learn. there are no paintball stores where i live. the only way im getting a gun is ordering it online. thanx

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have already purchased a 50 lb tank and fill station. there are no stores that will where i live.yes so i would like to know how to fill tanks.

·
Banned
225 Posts
oh well i have no idea how to do that. dude you have the i8nterweb obvisisouly. look it up, your bound to find something

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Check with your local fire departmnet. They fill their own takns with air, and chances are they fill fire extinguishers with Co2 as well. If they can't fill the tank for you, they can show you how, or tell you where to go to learn.

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Simple logic. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with a paintball store that will do a fill, but they opened not to long ago.
My other option for a fill would have been the local dive shop, but they wouldn't use Co2. Next step would have been to go to the FD. If you can get enough guys together, and the FD is willing, seeing as it's to promote saftey in the sport, they may do a one day class on filling. Talk to the chief first and see what he/she says.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here is what my problem is, im a missionary kid in haiti and me and some other missionary kids were gonna start paintballing,my problem is that they dont even have stores really where i live, just like shops set up in old containeras and struff like that, so we are buying a tank shipping it in and the guns and stuff too

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Hatai? Cool...well, I guess that's kinda warm. :D
what about checking at the local US military base? Again, they'll have nned for air tanks and Co2 tanks to be filled, and you'll probably meet a few dozen players there as well.

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Well, then, I guess you're s.o.l.

It's not really weird. You're just in an odd situation. When I was going to buy a mountain bike, I spent 4 months talking to bike couriers, and asking people on the bike trails what they thought of their bikes (I lived in Calgary,AB CA at the time.). I also talked to dozens and dozens of people, including the tattooists, about who did the best work in town.

If you want to learn something then you have to ask. If you aren't willing to ask, then you are doomed to failure.

·
Banned
225 Posts
yea but its just a tank. listen dude, not you puzuma, 123paintball, there MUST be a sports store near you almost ALL of them fill tanks, just go to the sports authority

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
pballer141 said:
yea but its just a tank. listen dude, not you puzuma, 123paintball, there MUST be a sports store near you almost ALL of them fill tanks, just go to the sports authority

There is no Sports Authority in Haiti. The've been having huge problems there for I can't remember how long. I think the government there is still in turmoil. No US company would bother setting up shop there. As far as other general sports stores doing fills, in my area we have close to a dozen. NONE of them fill tanks. We do have a S.C.U.B.A shop, and they could do HPA. We have one paintball proshop that does both. Hell, even the Walmart here doesn't do any kind of fill, except tires.

So, 123paintball, you have three options.
1-local fire department
2-local military base
3-learn from the internet (dangerous because you have no-one to make sure you are doing it right.) http://www.ottersccustoms.com/filling.html

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanx but the prefilled tanks are pretty expensive, ya your right puzuma there are like no sport stores in haiti. you cant even buy guns here. i will probably look on the internet
thanx again

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
hey actually the military base isn't a bad idea, really, if you look at articles scattered across the web and on magazines you will hear about how there is paintball groups at military bases, i'm sure if you might be able to find some players just go up and ask around see if anyone knows about a paintball group or club, cuzz they'd probally be willing to take soem other americans or locals in to play more players mroe fun, if you are a U.S. citizen they should have no beef with you, you aren't some terrorist with a bomb you are just a American kid trying to have some fun, and i'll bet you can find some one up there to help you, plus just curious have you found out where you are gonna play at.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we have a forest below my house so i have been building forts and bases and stuff.dont the prefilled tanks only come in 12 oz though? oh and another question,does anyone know how to build any good forts with only trees and bush?
thanx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts