Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a mod that will give you more shots off one battery charge and will quiet down the "clicking" sound of your Electric Spyder.

Now the noid is the small metal thing above your board, when your gun is on and you click the trigger this noid will quickely pop once which makes the sound.

Now get some change, like dimes, nickels, quarters, and pennys. You won't need a lot, just 1-3 of each. Place a nickel in between your noid, then cock your gun. If it stays cocked your good, if not then you need something smaller. Just try out different combinations

Try useing 2 pennies or 2 dimes, maybe even 1 dime or 1 penny. Once your gun will stay cocked while its in there then turn your gun on, and walk your trigger.

Now it's a bit more quieter and it's going to save you some battery power because your noid doesn't have to go a far distance anymore, now its closer. If you want to reverse this mod then all you have to do is tilt your gun sideways, and walk the trigger and it will slowely fall out. Just make sure your trigger cover is off so it can fall out. thumup:

New Notice - If your marker is burping with this mod then take the shim out and see if that was the problem, if in case it was and your marker does not burp anymore then keep the coin out or try something thinner. This mod will help if your marker has problems tripping the sear.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
this is also great if for some reason your 'noid decided to conk out on you like it did for me. :rofl I gotta replace it soon though cuz without a fully juiced battery it doesn't trip the sear.

·
Registered
728 Posts
ok how can you tell if your noid is going out, I was told by a field ref I trust that he thinks it is going out. IT keeps getting louder and louder till the dang thing literally sounds like a shotgun I have not had any shootdown or performance problems but the noise is a bit annoying. How much do these little cheap things run? and any idea's where to pick one up?

·
Registered
292 Posts
^ Wow that sounds freaky ive never even heard of that happening.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
My noid doesnt' work unless i have full battery power, it will snap forward, but not powerfull enough to trip my sear. I would assume that a very loud clicking noise may tell you ti's going out. Or the ref coudl have no idea what he's talking about.

I'm not sure where to get a new 'noid. but they are a very simple thing, if you are elactrically inclined, you may be able to open it up, wrap new wires and hope it works. otherwise, check radioshack or call kingman(but kingman is probalyl gonna rip you off with some ridicluos price.)

·
Registered
873 Posts
That more then likely isn't going to effect the number of shots. Your solenoid receives the same amount of current regardless of where the pin is located inside. The extra slack probably gives it a little bit of extra kick since it has more time to accelerate in case the seer has a deathgrip on the striker notch due to excessive mainspring or seerspring strength or wear to the striker where the seer notch hits it.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mod will help a ton on battery life, but only if you have an aftermarket board (T-Board) that allows you to adjust solenoid dwell time. Less sear travel = less dwell time = less current used per shot = more shots per charge. I should have elaborated a bit better.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crazycupcake said:
since theres no actual dwell on blowbacks, your little chart doesnt work...
But yeah, nice mod if it works, does it hold together if you give your gun a nice shake or two? does it makes wierd sounds (of metal rubbing) when you shoot?
Ummm... there's dwell.
First, you have solenoid dwell, which controls how long the sear is held down (and how much electricity is used). Then, you have valve dwell, which is adjusted using different spring combinations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
lol, sounds like a expencive mod..
"you have valve dwell, which is adjusted using different spring combinations."
you can also adjust that with a longer/shorter valve pin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts